As a Lead Camera Framework Engineer in our Platform Camera and Multimedia team, you will be leading a team building services to camera capture, video recording in Mixed Reality systems. You will work closely with other teams to identify and meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment. We are looking for someone that has a strong passion for developing camera frameworks, and has experience with camera APIs, media processing and graphics.
- Design, implement, and maintain platform camera framework and APIs
- Design and implement Mixed Reality capture and video recording pipeline
- Help instrument and optimize performance of imaging pipeline
- Participate in development planning and prioritization
- Lead a small team of direct reports on software engineering initiatives
- Provide team status updates to manager
- 7+ years of software development experience with C and C++
- In-depth understanding of Linux, tools, libraries and open source development
- Experience with Android camera APIs, camera HAL, V4L2, and media processing
- Experience with Android StageFright or other multimedia frameworks
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities.
- Ability to lead others and resolve team issues with limited guidance
- Very good oral and written communication skills to interact with cross functional teams that are geographically distributed
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field; Masters Degree highly preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.