The Lead CA System Engineer (SA) is responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, operating systems, and related infrastructure as related to the CA APM system. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support MGM’s Global Infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support CA APM; Responsibilities on these systems include SA operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation and stability of the environment. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Manage and resolve daily CA APM system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Provide industry and best practice technical suggestions and solutions within the ITIL framework.
- Provide day to day management of the CA APM software and its supporting infrastructure
- Create data flows and process flows Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Identify and resolve exceptions
- Vendor management responsibilities for escalation of issues and road maps
- Evaluate and manage operational health of CA APM Servers.
- Review and test published patches prior to applying to production environment.
- Lead and mentor CA Sr. Systems Engineers
- Advanced knowledge of CA APM (or similar) in a large production environment.
- Previous experience with Windows 2003/2008/2012 server administration.
- Experience that includes Windows Active Directory administration.
- Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and requires determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.
- Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure applications such as Active Directory, Exchange, ISA server, SMTP, DNS, load balancing, caching and intrusion detection.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Windows and Linux servers, firewalls and VPNs.
- Detailed technical knowledge of server operating systems, specifically Microsoft Windows 2003 / 2008 / 2012 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5.
- Experience using diagnostic, monitoring and change management tools.
- Experience with disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Demonstrated experience with networking essentials.
- Detailed knowledge of server management tools such as performance monitoring, etc.
- Working knowledge of latest Dell / HP-server / Cisco platforms.
- Working knowledge of EMC and Net APP storage solutions.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to interact with end-users to understand requirements and develop comprehensive and complete solutions that incorporate technology, administration and business processes.
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines.
- Good understanding of casino/hotel environment and computing operations within and how business structure is affected by changes.
- Must be knowledgeable of 24x7 operations.
- Other work related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- At least five (5) years in the computing field required, that includes system administration experience, which includes experience that includes least four (4) years in roles operating enterprise class server and storage solutions.
- Experience in a technical role in a large enterprise environment.
- Basic understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Previous experience working with virtual technologies: VMWare ESX, Virtual Center, and Citrix experience required.
- Microsoft Certifications ( Certified Solutions Associate – Sever 2008/2013), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – Server Infrastructure) or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Certifications ( Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA), Certified Engineer (RHCE))
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent. (education)
- (Computer skills/programs)
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Any of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (System Center), Citrix Certifications – (Virtualization), Cisco Certification (Data Center Unified Computing) VMware DCV (Data Center Virtualization) Certifications (VCA / VCP / VCAP / VCDX), Red Hat Certificate of Expertise, Other platform and system certifications by industry recognized organizations