This position will have a primary focus on front end development that connects with data driven backend processes. The main purpose of the front-end development is to deliver effective interactivity, display of the content and data in an appealing, neat and simple to understand manner. Essential features to be built into the front-end development include: markup, style, accessibility, cross-browser and cross-platform functionality. Additionally, the incumbent will help determine which templates, CMS and web frameworks will be used to maximize usability and performance.
The position will also include developing processes, testing and project support efforts forcross-functional/enterprise-widebusiness area initiatives. The incumbent partners extensively with IT and the Program Office. In addition, leads projects within the business area and may lead corporate projects. The incumbent also mentors junior team members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the effort to identify, research and resolve escalated complex problems.
- Ensures that a variety of solutions are analyzed and the appropriate solution is prioritized and executed on.
- Ensures that production systems/processes are being monitored.
- Manages the system change request process from the business side to ensure that system change requests have been accurately identified and documented. In addition, ensures that impact to multiple systems and business areas has been adequately assessed.
- Ensures that appropriate level of analysis has been conducted to develop requirements. Partners with other functional areas and IT to help prioritize and implement system change request.
Subject Matter Expert
- Represents functional area on extremely large functional/cross-functional projects which are extremely complex to effectively communicate business needs.
- Drives requirements elicitation sessions and consults on other phases of the system development life cycle, influencing and indirectly managing others.
- Ensures that all the system development/enhancement work undertaken keeps the customer (end user) in mind.
- Ensures that documentation for the system and/or processes the business area owns/supports is comprehensive and adequately maintained.
- Partners with other business areas to help develop/give input on system and/or process documentation.
- Assesses technical/process impact of making complex business changes.
Testing (System Change Request (SCR) and Projects)
- Direct and execute on testing for large and complex initiatives.
- Estimates resources that will be required for large and complex testing efforts.
- Develops test plans, cases, ensuring that requirements trace to test and testing timeline and gives progress updates to management on the testing effort and testing signoff requirements are followed. Assists/Coordinates testing initiatives outside the functional area.
- Ensures that system is tested comprehensively so as to minimize defects and is of high quality.
- Strategically thinks beyond the current system/process being tested and assesses impacts to other systems/process that integrate/touch the system/process being tested.
- Ensures that testing results are analyzed thoroughly, tracked and effectively documented.
- Works with IT and other business areas to resolve issues uncovered.
- Performs extensive situational business analysis/problem solving and/or implementation support for large sized functional/cross-functional projects which have high degree of complexity.
Partnering and Communications
- Proactively establish strong partnerships and collaboration within the functional area and cross-functionally with other functional areas and IT.
Continuous Improvement/Process Innovation
- Leads or represents process improvement efforts within and outside of the functional area.
- Ensures that the functional area is looking at ways to improve existing processes that they own/support or one that spans multiple functional areas.
- Trains and mentors junior team members.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years in the functional area or other related area.
- Knowledge of UX design, SQL, sharepoint and XML knowledge is a major plus.
- Extensive business knowledge of the systems and/or processes the functional unit owns/supports and advanced business knowledge of other functional areas.
- Exceptional ability to assess down-stream impacts when a change is proposed to systems/processes that integrate/touch the system/process the functional unit owns/supports.
- Excellent skills to articulate difficult, extremely complex and multi-faceted ideas and concepts through clear and concise verbal and/or written communication.
- Extensive knowledge of the customers the functional area supports and the processes they follow.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) preferred
- Proficient knowledge of MS Project
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Has personal initiative to set goals and task that stretch abilities and follow through on them.
- Expands accountability beyond direct tasks.
- In addition to oneself, leads/drives others to act with an appropriate sense of urgency to achieve successful results.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to influence others that are not direct reports.
- PC/Mainframe/applications experience