A Brief Overview
The LEAD REPORTING ANALYST is responsible for the design and the development of complex reporting solutions. This individual will work with team members, users, and others to triage requests, define requirements, design, develop and deploy high-quality reporting solutions that meet current and future foreseeable user needs utilizing SHC's tools and infrastructure.
Stanford Health Care
What you will do
- Understand report requirements and build reports that functions as desired.
- With minimal supervision, performs analysis, development, and testing of complex reporting solutions.
- Build strong working relationships with users and team members, including Directors and above. Gains trust and respect of key users.
- Manage multiple independent complex activities. Manage tasks, dependencies, and user/team expectations regarding scope and timeline of solution delivery.
- Participates in, and effectively contributes to, project working groups with team members, users, analysts, clinicians, and SHC leadership.
- Independently performs analysis, development, and testing of solutions.
- Utilizes depth of reporting and tool specific expertise to recommend leading edge solutions to users that meet their expressed and unexpressed future needs.
- Designs and develops complex reporting solutions that enable user functionality with minimal on-going maintenance and post-production incidents.
- Provides expertise in understanding of using SHC data models and systems, and acts as resource in the interpretation and use of data generated and utilized by users.
- Participates in teams to define design and development standards and conduct peer reviews of solution designs.
- Troubleshoots incidents surrounding supported solutions.
- Tune performance of complex solutions (both queries and database structures).
- Organizes and conducts regular project status sessions and design reviews leveraging appropriate project artifacts. Consistently contributes valuable input during design reviews of team member solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree BS/BA in Business Analytics, Business Management & Administration, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Operations Research, or in work related field from an accredited college/university.
- A graduate degree in related field is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experiences in similar capacity dealing with big data, statistical analysis, process control, modeling, and decision support in healthcare field is required for this position.
- A solid applied statistics/mathematical background with ability to effectively communicate analyses and identify opportunities to apply and disseminate information in an effective and efficient manner are required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Delivers high quality Reporting & Analytics solutions that meet user requirements with minimal on-going maintenance and a low volume of production incidents (production failures, help desk calls, etc.).
- Proficient with, and contributes to, best practices and common processes for developing solutions with SHC tools (i.e., Crystal Reports, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.) utilized in role.
- Troubleshoots and performs root cause analysis of incidents and establishes countermeasures to improve supported applications.
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL in an Oracle and/or SQL Server environment. Proficient with complex SQL (multi joins, subqueries, unions) and creation of database objects (tables, views, materialized views, etc.). Ability to utilize performance tuning utilities to optimize queries.
- Experience and expertise with Data Warehousing and ETL concepts.
- Complex Report writing & proficient in metadata (universe) creation. Test, develops, shares innovative practices of BI/Reporting tools and participates in evaluating/impending new products or upgrades of existing products.
- Able to work without direct supervision based on general direction provided by a superior, and able to give guidance to peers on complex issues and makes recommendations to supervisors on best path forward. Provides regular updates to supervisor on pending tasks, pain points, and potential roadblocks and manages user expectations accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability for completing multiple complex projects.
- Contributing team member with best practices developed.
- Helps fulfill SHC's vision. Understands how their work supports the vision and proposes better ways to achieve the vision. Can articulate these ideas in a manner that builds consensus and influences decision making up to the Director level.
- Has mastered multiple domains and understands how the domains interrelate. Has some cross-functional knowledge and skill outside of formal position.
- During the request process, the Lead Reporting Analyst can anticipate issues with the request and negotiate a viable alternative before the report writing process begins. The Lead Reporting Analyst is constantly looking at the "big picture" and develops reports that solve multiple problems, where possible, and anticipates other uses for the report requested.
- Successfully implement role based standard work and develop the ability to identify exceptions.
- Utilizes active daily management applying Lean concept and methods.
- Can successfully present complex ideas and information to a variety of audiences up to the Director level, and industry groups. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.