Requisition #: 152511
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Project Lead reports to the Manager of Decision Support - Business Intelligence and has responsibility for the work activities of the project or specific tasks assigned. Interacts with Business directly to understand the reporting needs and challenges and then work on creating solution to meet those needs. These will involve leading the analysis, design, development, and support for reports, dashboards, scorecards, ETL packages, and other BI components specific to assigned projects - in alignment with existing defined architecture and development standards. Participates in project planning to ensure effective use of technology and/or business process to meet customers’ needs. Allocates resources to accomplish goals and objectives through assigned staff. Establishes and monitors project and task schedules and ensures adherence to work deadlines. Provides leadership, motivation, and direction to staff, builds teamwork, and fosters staff cohesion. Contributes to staff evaluations.
- Lead the project team and work with the representatives of the business units, data stewards, and business analysts to identify and understand their information needs, key performance indicators, and data analysis requirements; document data and functional requirements to ensure scope and boundaries are captured correctly.
- Consider design options, consult with other leads, BI developers, and the reports to the EDW team to discuss data needs, determine data sourcing strategy, design the solution for data extraction requests, user interfaces, queries, dashboards, and reports, and ensure that the end to end designs meet the business and data requirements.
- Evaluate the quality of the date needed for the required solution and communicate the results with appropriate parties to raise awareness and seek resolution
- Lead developers in the team to create data warehouse solutions.
- Perform complex development tasks for data warehouse solutions as required and mentor other the team members to build, deploy, and support all the deliverables.
- Ensures adherence to enterprise architecture standards; determine feasibility, impediments, milestones to help project managers develop project plans to meet the needs of the business.
- Interact with software and service vendors as needed to resolve problems. Maintain successful relationships with software and service vendors as needed to ensure successful support of internal customers.
- Monitor day-to-day requests for support and work with the business users to complete those while adhering to the SLA guidelines.
- Supervises development of system solutions into tested and documented programs prior to implementation using:
- Adequately documented code
- Customer-friendly error and diagnostic measures
- Unit, system, integrated test plans for expected, unexpected, and invalid results
- Change control standards, turn over operations to production control
Work requires a professional level of knowledge in Information Analysis and Delivery and managed care operations as acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Healthcare or Business Management. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of hands-on experience leading technical team, architecting and developing data warehouse solutions in the data warehousing environment, and utilizing Microsoft SSIS, SAP Data Services, and MicroSoft SQL Server. Experience with multi-dimensional data sources and ability to design and deploy data warehouses.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server 2008R2 & 2012/2014 and strong knowledge in other areas of utilizing enterprise databases, including views, stored procedures, dimensional models, data marts, data profiling, and writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large volumes of data.
- 5 years’ experience supporting requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of software tools, and system integration activities (with both new and legacy systems). Requires knowledge and understanding of the interrelationship of business process and Information Systems applications. Requires knowledge of the project management lifecycle. Must be familiar with both waterfall and agile project management
- High analytical ability to solve complex business problems. Skilled in directing the work of a diversified staff in requirements definitions and report development. Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate appropriate timeframes for deliverables to customers. Advanced interpersonal skills to interface effectively with department heads, employees, clients, consultants and JHHC and JHMCIS staff. Effective communication skills for interaction with staff, peers and customers. Ability to lead complex projects applied to specialized technology to resolve total system problems or applications. Requires strong analytical and computational skills.
Citizenship Requirement: Please note that under the terms of a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. citizenship status to ensure compliance with the Department of Defense Personnel Security Program. We expect the team, at times, to work after hours as well as downtime weekends as necessary.