The Lead BI Developer will be responsible for:
- Adopt and comply with the Agile Analytics approach (see § 3.2 above) and provide skills and expertise in Agile development sufficient to apply it effectively to DW/BI development.
- Participate in requirements discussions and analysis with USCIS business users and designated Product Owners to understand reporting business needs, supporting business processes, associated USCIS form types or work products, consumers of data for analysis or reports.
- Plan and size application level development work in preparation for Agile sprint development.
- Produce user stories for Agile sprints based on specific user business requirements and maintain healthy backlogs in JIRA.
- Develop all application code needed to fulfill user stories.
- Execute unit, integration, functional testing as well as adjustments from user acceptance testing of code and functionality using non automated and automated methods during all Agile sprint cycles.
- Develop operational and analytical reports, and/or dashboards to meet specific customer requirements for the particular work stream activity.
- Follow presentational and developmental guidelines for naming conventions and report functionality to provide a consistent, standardized, and efficient end user experience.
- Develop reporting capabilities, which effectively handle large database queries and complex logical SQL scripts. Maintain accurate representation of work completed and Work-In-Progress (WIP) in JIRA.
- Support customers own BDA (Tableau) development projects by providing best practices for development, 508, security, back end data structure, coding and data base publishing.
- Provide proof of concept technical support for the business BDA (Tableau) developers to jump start their data visualization projects.
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- At least 5 years of experience developing and implementing BI solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with the Agile Framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to facilitate effective collaboration across a variety of stakeholders
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with AWS/Cloud Technologies
- Familiarity with Databricks, OBIEE, Tableau, and/or SAS
- Experience providing consulting services for USCIS, another DHS component, or the Federal Government
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? No
Required Certification(s): Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau or another industry-accredited BI tool
Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 7
Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 5
Minimum Clearance to Start: Secret
Work Status Allowable: US Citizen
The Type of Person That Will Excel:
- You are curious, inquisitive, and have demonstrated a constant eagerness to learn through actions.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.