The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for managing the development, implementation, strategies, guidelines and recommendations for Quality Assurances processes in support of the Marketing Data Warehouse.
This function requires a mix of business, cross-functional management, database, testing and analytical skills to manage a Quality Assurance environment as well as governance processes and strategies. Develops automated testing procedures to enable measureable and reliable regression and acceptance testing.
- Provides testing expertise, defines testing strategies, develops test plans, defines and implements test scripts, manages user acceptance testing, performs data validations/audits and makes recommendations for the approval/implementation of data warehouse production processes. Retrieves data from various sources and prepares data for analysis, verifies data accuracy, performs internal audits, validateaudit steps, evaluates data quality.
- Responsible for working with the marketing teams to understand the business requirements for data warehouse data processes critical to support marketing programs. Works collaboratively with IT to define and develop new business processes in support of evolving customer marketing data warehouse needs and to implement approved business functionality.
- Interfaces with various internal & external business partners to source and deliver critical marketing data extracts and to manage supporting vendor processes. Provides recommendations to the Director of Data Governance for maintaining and improving existing Quality Assurance and data warehouse processes and for implementing enhancements as approved by the Sr. Leadership within Marketing. Must be able to communicate complex ideas and strategies across multiple levels of the organization.
- Provide guidance to team to follow best practices with regards to gathering business requirements, database objects, data quality, exception handling and metadata.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience in a large corporation and a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as a quality assurance analyst with a proficiency using testing tools required. Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in Technology, Database or Equivalent work experience in related field. Ability to interface with business users and data architects through good written and verbal communication is essential. Ability to manage multiple complex projects in extremely fluid, dynamic environment. Strong sense of personal accountability in driving successful deliverable. Exhibits a high standard if professionalism.
Skills and Behaviors:
- Proven business experience that demonstrates the successful test automation expertise.
- Must be proficient with SQL.
- Critical thinking ability is a must.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Well organized and detail oriented.