We are seeking a high caliber Business Development Lead (BDL) to support a variety of challenging, strategic services engagements at our industrial automation clients. The BDL provides sales leadership and consultation to clients through transforming and optimizing their manufacturing plant while increasing operational efficiency.
Position Summary : The Services Business Development Lead (BDL) is responsible for understanding our customer’s challenges and providing solutions utilizing our Services business suite of offerings to drive sales growth in their assigned territory. The BDL is responsible for establishing and maintaining business relationships at key accounts and leveraging existing North America Sales and Distribution relationships with the customer to implement superior solutions that enable our customers to compete in the global market. Successful performance requires a substantial amount of independent interface with Rockwell Automation customers, our authorized distributors, strategic alliance partners, and business unit personnel.
Responsibilities/How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate with the sales team to understand the business outcome of services opportunities
- Create and execute strategies for selling services to provide an upgraded customer experience.
- Focus on large, impactful opportunities that align with the regional and territory Services business development plan.
- Launch new service offerings successfully within the assigned territory.
- Drive accelerated growth
- Exhibit domain expertise of the services portfolio, focus industries, and applications within assigned geography to create data driven solutions.
- Use strong business and financial acumen to identify ways for customers to reduce risks and costs.
- Provide feedback to the business unit on local market data and continuous improvement strategies.
- Ensure thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct.
- Conduct tasks in accordance with the applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations (state/federal laws) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Services Business Development Lead will possess the following skills and abilities for success:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills translating analysis into key messages and outcomes for customers.
- Proven experience working in complex environments; and managing conflicting demands and expectations
- Proven experience in developing account penetration and development strategies with customer relationship skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment and is passionate about their profession
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills
- Bachelor's degree or 4years equivalent experience
- 8years of solid consultative salesexperience with proven success in landing complex contract business OR experience with manufacturing/operations
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Business or a related technical discipline.
- Experience with systems integration and project management