Lead, Business Development Services
5 - 7 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
Lead, Business Development Services
The Services Business Development Lead (BDL) is responsible for driving sales growth in North America for the Services business suite of offerings within their assigned geographic territory/domain specialty. The BDL provides sales leadership and consultation within assigned territory as well as assuming direct involvement in major sales opportunities. BDL provides domain expertise of industries, applications, and technologies relevant to Rockwell Automation Services. The BDL is responsible for establishing and maintaining business relationships at key accounts, leveraging existing North America Sales and Distribution relationships with the customer. Also responsible for identifying customer technical /commercial challenges and engaging appropriate resources to bring issues to resolution. Performance of these duties requires a substantial amount of independent interface with Rockwell Automation customers, our authorized distributors, strategic alliance partners, and business unit personnel.
- The BDL is responsible for working in collaboration with the sales team to qualify and close services opportunities, creating and executing strategies for selling services, and is key in executing the territory services business development plan. Focus will be on large, impactful opportunities that align with the regional and territory Services business development plan. The BDL is responsible for collaborating with North America sales, distributors, business unit personnel to launch new service offerings successfully within the assigned territory.
- Leadership to drive accelerated growth results including the development of collateral and participation to assist the sales force following the Disciplines Sales Process in identifying and meeting requirements.
- Individual must exhibit appropriate domain expertise of the services portfolio, focus industries, and applications within assigned geography. The BDL provides domain expertise for services and is able to provide consultation & business expertise to customers, North America Sales and distribution to create data driven solutions.
- Individual engages at key accounts and opportunities within assigned geography by providing presentations, demonstrations, and other activities. Is responsible for identifying ways for customers to reduce risks and costs by aligning client needs with our capabilities. Has strong business and financial acumen and comfortable operating at executive level within a client account.
- Understands and supports business processes and serves as a liaison between customers and North America sales by collaborating with business unit resources to meet customer needs.
- Provide feedback to the business unit on local market data such as trends, competitive information, and conditions. Provide feedback to the business unit on its “Ease of Doing Business” initiatives. Assist in developing strategy to improve. Communicate with the business unit in matters of technical and commercial requirements, new services, promotions, and any additional aid required by the assigned geographic area to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with the applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations (state/federal laws) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Services Business Development Lead will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proven experience working in complex environments; and managing conflicting demands and expectations
- Proven experience in developing account penetration and development strategies
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Business or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5+ years of solid consultative salesexperience
- With proven success in landing complex contract business OR experience with manufacturing/operations
- OR without a degree12+ years years of sales experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Experience with systems integration and project management
- Preferred8+ years salesexperience