Job Number: 605215
Description:Lead Business Consultant/Analyst, Labor Liaison for Membership Growth - Strategic Accounts
Position Notification: Labor Liaison for Membership Growth
Location: Northern California Region
Employer: Kaiser Permanente
Kaiser Permanente has a long and proud history of working with organized labor and is committed to being the health plan ofchoice for working families. Kaiser Permanente works with its Coalition of KP Unions in partnership to grow membership and ensure all workers have that high quality health care coverage that Kaiser Permanente can provide. To help met these goals, Kaiser Permanente has a Labor Liaison position open in its Northern California region and encourages qualified individuals to apply.
- Responsible for ensuring that Kaiser Permanente is maximizing its unique Labor Management Partnership and high quality delivery system to maintain and grow its health insurance coverage for unionized employers and purchasers of health care inCalifornia.
- Serves as a team lead to multiple Kaiser Permanente account teams and works collaboratively with the Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions and Office of Labor Management to achieve strategic initiatives of the Labor-Management Partnership. Collaborates with Kaiser Permanente-s Sales and Account Managers in the development and execution of regional and account management sales plans, strategies and tactics from a labor perspective. Helps manage complex and politically sensitive unionized accounts in both the public and private sector.
- Establishes and maintains effective labor relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders, including consultants and brokers. Demonstrates ability to influence thinking of decision makers and stakeholders regarding health care benefits issues and decisions.
- Ensures that account data regarding union representation is current, accurate and complete on internal computer systems.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience, to include a minimum two (2) years in a consulting role.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a healthcare environment or other relevant environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business/health care administration or related discipline OR four (4) years of experience in a directlyrelated field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- May establish cross-functional task forces.
- Thorough knowledge of platforms of the assigned functional area and multi-area functionality based on assignment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in collective bargaining and employee benefits required and/or in health care marketing, preferably with exposure to California health care market.
- Knowledge of and experience with employee health benefits in a union environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective handling of difficult client issues related to health plan services and policies
- Effective account management skills.
- Knowledge of healthcare products and contracts