The Consumer Health & Services (CH&S) Lead Business Consultant, Achieving Business Excellence (ABX) will provide project management, facilitation, analytics, and training support/leadership to achieve a long-term sustainable business operation and cost structure. Additionally, this position is tasked with assessing and improving cross functional processes within CH&S and the businesses we serve to drive simplicity, transform constituent experience, and align to the desired strategy and culture. CH&S includes direct revenue producing businesses and non-revenue services.
Recognized as an expert or thought leader within the company. Impacts business unit results, anticipating issues and influencing internal practices. Anticipates and solves highly complex problems with broad impact on the business area. Develops innovative solutions. Leads projects with notable complexity and risk with business area implications. Requires broad and comprehensive expertise in process improvement, lean, and/or six sigma and serves as a thought leader. Influences without authority and drives consensus on decisions across organizational boundaries. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Conducting Value Stream Mapping/Design, Leading Kaizen and Relentless Root Cause Analysis, and facilitating other continuous improvement events and initiatives. Building the Achieving Business Excellence competency in CH&S to use the right tools for the desired outcome. Training employees on the practical application of proven tools and methods including Value Stream Mapping/Design, Relentless Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen and Mistake Proofing. Identifying, measuring, and facilitating changes to major process flows and the organizations structure, driving strategy and policy deployment, etc. Defining the balanced scorecard business metrics and implementing a management process and playbook for each business to focus on customer experience and business agility with the purpose of achieving best-in-class performance. Setting priorities and overseeing work streams under the sponsorship of the Executive Vice President of CH&S and the Sr. Executive Leadership Team. Driving Aetna's Achieving Business Excellence program across CH&S to achieve productivity gains and acquisition synergies leading to SG&A run rate savings. Engaging cross-functional resources, and partnering with business stakeholders to build a strong team to achieve the objectives outlined above. Documenting, tracking, and reporting out on the progress and performance of various continuous improvement initiatives.
* 10+ years experience with several of the following methodologies: management consulting, project consulting, business process consulting, financial strategic analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic business planning, and/or risk management consulting.
* Experience with enterprise-wide and/or cross-functional medium to large scale initiatives with high degrees of complexity.
* Experience with data mapping and data analysis
* Strong relationship building skills, able to interact with Cross Functional Teams, C-Suite Members and Clients.
* Professional communication skills and good business acumen skills
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Project Management/Six Sigma Certification: Black Belt is desired
Project Management/Project Management Certification is desired
- Management/Management - Process and quality improvement/7-10 Years
- Quality Management/Six Sigma/7-10 Years
- Project Management/Project Management Consulting/4-6 Years
- Information Management/Statistical analysis/4-6 Years
- Information Management/Query and Database Access Tools/4-6 Years
- Desktop Tools/Microsoft PowerPoint/7-10 Years/End User
- Desktop Tools/Microsoft Visio/7-10 Years/End User
- Desktop Tools/TE Microsoft Excel/7-10 Years/End User
- Database/Microsoft Access/4-6 Years/End User
General Business/Consulting for Solutions/MASTERY
Leadership/Driving Strategic and Organizational Agility/MASTERY
Finance/Profit and Quality Vigilance/MASTERY
Service/Working Across Boundaries/MASTERY
Technology/Justifying the Business Case/MASTERY
Flexible telework would be considered only for current internal teleworkers or location is near an Aetna office.
Primary location is Hartford, CT.