About the Team
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we've got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of
It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
The position is for a business services manager and functional area expert for our Industrial operations globally, with specific focus on the use of information technology to optimize and digitize our sales order management and service management processes.
The holder of this position serves as a key contributor to the development of optimal business architecture for their area and as a lead designer of dependent business process and business outcome requirements.
As a "trusted advisor," and a key point of contact for Global IT and business stakeholders, the holder of this role acts as advocate on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs and champions the global rollout of proven template solutions for their functional area, ensuring leverage and adoption of the Global IT policies and delivery framework.
The business services manager is the relationship manager between Global IT and the assigned business areas, providing support throughout key IT programs and leading the planning and execution of related initiatives.
• Expanding knowledge of related disciplinary areas.
• Broad knowledge within own specialty discipline.
• Deep specialized knowledge in specific aspects of discipline.
• Enhances own knowledge through understanding business trends and objectives.
• Understands and foresees implications of decisions.
• Knowledge of industry and business principles.
• Understands the core business process and purpose of the functional area.
• Places issues in context of organizational and functional objectives.
• In-depth customer knowledge to provide appropriate solutions.
• Develops and applies project management techniques.
• Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations/ problems using multiple sources of information.
• Qualitative information
• Quantitative research
• Trend data
• Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
• Forecasts, models, and utilizes advanced analytical tools.
• Creates new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
• Handles diverse range of issues that require evaluation of a variety of factors including current business trends.
• Develops skills to analyze ambiguous problems.
• Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
• Works with minimal direction.
• Work is guided by operational and project objectives.
• Manages multiple assignments and processes.
• Independently determines approach to project.
• Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
• Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
• Responsible for specific programs, customers and/or projects.
• Provide technical guidance or influence the work of others.
• Updates management on project/activity status.
• Contributes to area by ensuring quality of tasks/services provided by self and others.
• Extends capabilities by working closely with senior staff/experts within and outside the internal organization.
• Provides process and policy advice.
• Explains assumptions and methodologies.
• Articulates pros and cons of an action in a clear manner.
• Simplifies difficult concepts for non-technical users.
• Regularly interacts with colleagues or customers generally up to senior level management.
Skills & Experience
• Solid knowledge of system development methodology, project management, system architecture and analytical/problem solving skills
• 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Undergraduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience, or
• Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience.
US - Global IT
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.