About the Team
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we've got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of
It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
Provides cost effective business systems, applications analysis and data analysis in support of the definition and implementation of business analytics strategy for the Industrial Business Unit of SBD. Includes evaluation, analysis, documentation of requirements, translation into proper system requirement specifications and configuration. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both end-user needs and a thorough understanding of enterprise data platforms, applications and industry requirements. Operates as a liaison between technical personnel and the appropriate end-user department. Evaluates and translates end user needs and problems to technical associates and/or vendors where appropriate. Understands the business implications of technical solutions, and assists in defining and documenting the technology solutions to support any future business needs. Teaches end users new technology and enhancements using all appropriate communication tools as well as providing support for existing system.
• Works with the users to create appropriate scenarios to test all result and during upgrades, monitors production performance enhancements and system integrity with end-users.
• Develops detailed implementation and upgrade project plans in conjunction with team.
• Ensures that documentation is updated when change requests are approved for the project.
• Provides input on processes, procedures, or new approaches.
• Broad and deep knowledge of SAP functional business processes and associated data flows.
• Best practice knowledge of key business metrics across end to end processes.
• Working knowledge of data mining principles, predictive analytics, mapping, and collecting data from multiple sources.
• Strong SQL skills, experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques
• Understands the core business processes and purposes of each functional area.
• Experience with big data tools: Aster, Hadoop, etc and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Raw, etc desired.
• In-depth customer knowledge to provide appropriate solutions.
• Develops and applies project management techniques.
• Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations/ problems using multiple sources of information.
• Qualitative information
• Quantitative research
• Trend data
• Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
• Forecasts, models, and utilizes advanced analytical tools.
• Creates new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
• Handles diverse range of issues that require evaluation of a variety of factors including current business trends.
• Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
• Works with minimal direction.
• Work is guided by operational and project objectives.
• Manages multiple assignments and processes.
• Independently determines approach to project.
• Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
• Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
• Responsible for specific programs, customers and/or projects.
• Provide technical guidance or influence the work of others.
• Updates management on project/activity status.
• Contributes to area by ensuring quality of tasks/services provided by self and others.
• Extends capabilities by working closely with senior staff/experts within and outside the internal organization.
• Provides process and policy advice.
• Explains assumptions and methodologies.
• Articulates pros and cons of an action in a clear manner.
• Simplifies difficult concepts for non-technical users.
• Regularly interacts with colleagues or customers generally up to senior level management.
Skills & Experience
• Solid knowledge of system development methodology, project management, system architecture and analytical/problem solving skills
• 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Undergraduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience, or
• Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience.
US - Global IT
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.