The Lead Business Analyst is an experienced IT functional systems analyst, project manager, and internal consultant working to improve or build business capabilities by facilitating the implementation of process and system improvements. Coordinates the efforts of internal and external staff, and of key business partners in the support of existing production systems and in the execution of new system projects. Serves as a functional and/or technical expert in one or more disciplines.
- Leading a cohesive team of internal and external technical staff, and of key users in the execution of new Merchandising projects
- Developing detail project plans covering the entire systems development life cycle, and associated project budgets
- Performing business analysis activities at the strategic, operational, and organizational level; working with key users in the continual improvement of business processes
- Collaborating with IT and business stakeholders to ensure timely and successful issue resolution
- Managing projects and leading efforts in the support of existing systems, processes, services and/or in the execution of new projects, ensuring that:
- Use Cases and Requirements are defined accurately
- Wireframes are created and reviewed with the business to ensure solution fits business needs.
- Detailed Functional Designs are created and handed off to Development Team
- Test plans and training plans are designed and executed successfully
- All required system and user documentation is created accurately
- Projects are completed on time and under budget
- Anticipated business outcomes are achieved
- Supporting existing production systems
- Defining and prioritizing system problems and enhancement requests; analyzing to identify and address root causes
- Coordinating related support and development activities (whether they be internal or external)
- Ensuring the related fixes and/or enhancements are tested successfully (by IT and by key users)
- Ensuring users receive appropriate training and existing documentation is updated accurately
- Ensuring all support activities are executed on time and under budget
- Taking a leadership role in exploring and analyzing new processes, services, and application functions and technologies
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Undergraduatedegree in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 -7years of experience supporting IT systems, processes or capabilities. Solid understanding of IT processes and dynamics within a complex, highly integrated environment
- A solid understanding of industry best practices in retail or IT; specific demonstrated experience mapping business processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices
- Clear understanding of Product Management
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and root cause analysis skills
- Understanding of application development and software development lifecycle concepts
- Use Case and User Story Development
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall approaches
- Experience working with Wireframing tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Flair Builder, etc
- Some Management Consulting experiencepreferred
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Req. Number: 18003013