Currently seeking a Lead Business Analyst – eCommerce to support the IT Functional Manager in New York, New York. This role is responsible for gathering, documenting and refining business requirements to support development and enhancements of business applications. The Lead Business Analyst is also responsible for supporting the IT Functional Manager with prioritizing requests as well as managing project budgets, resources and schedules throughout the overall process of enhancement and project delivery.
The Lead Business Analyst will report to the IT Functional Manager and will provide support with gathering and prioritizing project requests from eCommerce teams. This position will facilitate and coordinate the proposal and launch of eCommerce initiatives by partnering with internal IT groups, development teams and external partners. S/He will oversee the formal planning tracking, and reporting on project status while ensuring that systems and services support the daily business operations.
The Lead Business Analyst will ensure the timely completion of projects. This individual will create and track against project expense plans, establish project management practices/methodologies, and develop reports to communicate project status to key stakeholders. S/He will guide the project team with business needs and project objectives to identify and refine requirements, and ultimately through the development and maintenance of the project management plan.
This position will collaborate with management, project sponsors and business stakeholders to define scope, analyze requirements, evaluate feasibility, and determine strategic need. S/He will develop and maintains core deliverables, including but not limited to Status Reports, Charter, Schedules, and other key stakeholder presentations/communication. The Lead Business Analyst will ensure that realistic project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained. In addition, this position will track project issues, performance, and progress for reporting to the IT Functional Manager. The Lead Business Analyst will manage scope and user expectations by ensuring requirements can be met within existing project budgets and timeframes. This individual will support the maintenance and enhancement schedule working with internal IT and QA teams along with 3rd party partners.
· 6 to 8years of experience in a Business Analyst role
· Experience in Retail and eCommerce
· Proven analyst skills spanning business functions and applications
· Full lifecycle solution development, from requirements gathering through build, test, deploy, and support
· Demonstrated experience documenting use cases and functional requirements
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross functional departments in requirements sessions
· Demonstrated ability to partner and liaison between business users and a technical development team
· Sensitivity to the multi-cultural characteristics of a global IT organization
· Working knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Business Management
· Formal training in Business Analysis and Business Process Modeling preferred
· Experience in multiple technology platforms (eCommerce, order management systems, analytics, CRM, email service providers, CMS, image repository, data warehouse, etc.) preferred