SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Lead Business Analyst works in a lead capacity with our business partners and other IT organizations to align technology solutions and/or processes with Information Technology and business strategies. Demonstrates an informed knowledge within the function to resolve problems and assist with improvement of processes, on an ongoing basis. Supports several moderately complex business processes. May be allocated part time to one or more enterprise project initiatives of low to moderate complexity.
- Proactively seeks to establish and maintain cooperative partnerships with multiple organizations across Amtrak including business partners, business services officers, architecture, software development and testing.
- Responsible for assisting in the governance of IT disciplines. Collects, analyzes and documents service management related activities.
- Leads, guides and provides cross functional (from the requirement domain) project oversight for the business analysis staff.
- Provides tactical (day-to-day) requirement development guidance, based on the strategic SDLC model (ADM), for the business analysis staff.
- Directly handles requirement development tasks associated with high profile, high priority Amtrak strategic initiatives.
- Directly contributes (via high level requirement development) the business analysis role within the demand management framework.
- Participates in planning sessions related to projects or new technologies to implement process improvement within the functional area. Documents discussions and agreements. Facilitates gate reviews, change advisor boards, and IT operational meetings.
- Helps create liaison relationships with business partners and IT departments in order to provide process solutions to meet user needs.
- Assesses process improvements opportunities utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying priorities and advises on options.
- Provides factual content, analysis and other information to guide development projects and enhancements activities.
- Investigates, resolves and escalates problems. Monitors and analyzes metrics to ensure customer satisfaction and vendor performance.
- Promotes an understanding of IT Service Management roles, processes and activities to business units and IT departments. Supports and participates in formal reporting related to IT Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or applicable field, specialized training or equivalent work experience.
- 7 to 10 years' experience of specific Business Analysis experience
- Familiar with IIBA guidance and approach to requirement development
- Working knowledge within IT operations and/or Service Management functions.
- Requirement development through various techniques (JRD, process flow, general elicitation).
- Developing and managing to requirement development schedules that incorporate into the broader project schedule.
- Must possess excellent customer service, good communication and interpersonal skills, work well with others in an integrated team environment, and must be self-motivated.
- Experience with development and reporting towards KPI's and knowledge of industry best practice/industry benchmarks.
- Strong analytical skills
- Worked with and supported safety organizations in the transportation industry
- Master's degree in Information Technology, or equivalent.
- Vendor Management experience.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean
- ITIL Certification
- Experience with FRA requirements as they pertain to railroad safety
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.