Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is looking for a BPM Developer to join our growing Deposits line of business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership for the BPM Platform, including strategic technology identification and selection, development of best practices and standards, project planning and leadership. The individual will work with other project leads, scrum masters, project managers, and executives to communicate business and technical aspects of the BPM Platform and projects, conduct proof of concepts, build technical designs and help with rollouts/implementations.
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
- Create technical roadmaps for BPM solutions, including defining objectives and projected timelines
- Arrange technical recommendations (items on roadmap) in terms of cost / benefit and technical reliability with IT Management.
- Analyze BPM solution requirements and align solution designs with strategic direction, service level expectations, and current architecture.
- Review proposed solutions for technical dependability and stability and contribute to the design regardless of the technology or platform.
- Present process concepts to and collaborate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Evaluate current solution, identifying challenges, issues, and holdups as well as including plans to address in roadmap.
- Construct an action plan to implement recommendations.
- Coach and mentor to IT BPM peers in the areas of: architectural best practices, supporting, maintaining and enhancing existing BPM platform, and support the long-term development and growth of BPM Developers through coaching
- Mentor and coach Business Users: process modelling best practices, process design, and frameworks.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- 6+ years Software Engineering or related
- In Lieu of degree, 8 + years of Software Engineering or related
- Lead BPM development experience for enterprise solutions
- Proven solution engineering and real-world delivery experience
- SOA and batch integration experience
- Experience in developing strategic plans
- Apply Agile/Lean methods and practices to BPM development
- Technical project leadership experience
- Clear & confident written and verbal communication skills
- Strong colleague mentoring skills
- JavaEE expertise
- Oracle expertise
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.