WSP is currently seeking a Lead BIM and CADD Specialist to join our Rails and Transit Division team located at our Thornhill, ON, office. Reporting to the Director, Rail and Transit, the BIM/CADD Specialist will be responsible to produce high-quality output and ensure that all the outputs are consistent and compliant to the CADD standards prior to submission to the delivery team. As a member of the Rail and Transit team, you will be given opportunities to apply your education and experience on large, complex projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Lead the Rail and Transit Division CADD team, for system set up, design coordination, and quality control;
- Support project execution in rail and transit with a team of Engineers and Specialists across rail and transit disciplines (such as; Rails, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical);
- Collaboratively work with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the CADD standards and schedule expectations are clearly defined and understood. Internal stakeholders include professional engineers from various disciplines (Rail, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical);
- Produce high-quality CADD output and ensure that all the CAD outputs are subject to appropriate quality checks prior to submission to the delivery team;
- Work to the CADD standards, CADD manual, BIM/CADD Execution Plan, ensuring that a consistent approach is used across all project deliverables;
- Support project delivery teams with relevant technical knowledge;
- Operate AutoCAD and MicroStation to create drawings with layers, Xrefs, and labels;
- Support and improve the CADD system, develop improvement ideas and drive further efficiencies;
- Provide support to the business as 3D techniques are increasingly utilized to deliver value and quality;
- Maintain current knowledge in the CADD industry and inform the Business of latest applicable innovations and ideas;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Associated degree or technical degree in drafting, engineering technology or related education;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Rail and Transit or equivalent;
- Minimum 4 years in a supervisory role;
- Experience in a Consulting Engineering environment;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and exposure to GIS;
- Proficiency with 3D AutoCad, Civil 3D, REVIT, Navisworks, is a must;
- Relevant technical knowledge including: excellence in health and safety in design, constructability /ease of manufacture, industry best practices and latest technology and innovation to improve quality and reduce cost / waste;
- Able to work well under pressure;
- Ability to work well in a team environment;
- Take initiative and display a commitment to contribute to the team;
- Flexible and able to prioritize workload in conjunction with project delivery teams;
- Strong work ethic, professional ethics and a team-player;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).