The Bigstream Product Engineering team is looking to welcome a new, talented programmer to work as a Lead Big Data Product Engineer for the world’s first hyper-acceleration (CPUs + GPUs + FPGAs) platform for Big Data, Machine Learning and AI workloads. This is cutting-edge technology that uses a powerful combination of acceleration techniques to squeeze every last ounce of performance from each application and from every node in the cluster. Several patents having been granted with more pending. This is a place where you can make a huge difference.
This position will be a key member in building, fine-tuning, and optimizing the performance of Bigstream’s technology stack.
- Architect acceleration solutions for Bigstream
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle – design, development, testing, operating in production
- Communicate effectively within and across teams
- Operate in an Agile development environment
- 4+ years of development experience with Apache Spark runtime
- Experience with big data platforms such as Presto, Hive or Kafka is a plus
- Expertise in Scala, Java
- Experience with C++11 or higher is a plus
- Experience in architecting, developing, deploying and operating large scale distributed systems
- Experience with cloud APIs (e.g., a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP or an advanced private cloud such as Google, Facebook)
- Good knowledge of Linux OS
- Experience with API development
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Exposure to container technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment frameworks
In addition to your resume, please answer the following questions:
- Have you worked on data engineering projects using Apache Spark, Hive, and/or Presto? If yes, please provide the amount of experience.
- Have you worked with Apache Spark, Hive, and/or Presto internals? If yes, please provide the amount of experience.
- On a scale of 1 – 10, please rate your proficiency in Java and/or Scala.
- Have you contributed to any open source projects? If yes, please provide the code repositories.
Bigstream welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives in all functions of the business.