Our Digital IT Team is looking for a highly technical, Lead Data Engineer to help us develop our next generation digital real time analytics platform.
- Closely collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Designing, developing, and implementing data service architecture that ingests real time data streams, parses JSONS, and loads them in to multiple data persistence stores to provide real time and offline analytics.
- Building fact tables to facilitate quicker and easier data access.
- Building indices at Elastic Search to support real-time dash boards at Kibana, and building predictive models to support AI/ML.
What we’re looking for...
You are a strong developer who is agile enough to take on any project, regardless of platform or framework. You not only understand coding but also have a strong sense of architecture, deployment and operational skill.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using Scala on Spark, especially building ETL and complex query models.
- Experience on Hadoop platform including Big Data tools.
- Experience in developing shell scripts and running cron/oozie/spark jobs on Hadoop platform.
- Experience with Kafka, hBase, and Hive.
- Experience on ElasticSearch and Kibana.
- Experience in accessing and modeling NoSQL data models, especially with Cassandra.
- Experience with APIs, JSON, OLTP and real-time data processing.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience with Java Script.
- Working experience on Linux and Cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of Big Data Tools.
- Experience in building reports using Tableau.
- Knowledge of business intelligence and analytics industry and best practices.
- Experience using data wrangling, data engineering, and feature engineering software.
- Experience in interpreting data models to build user friendly visualizations/dashboards.
- Experience in statistical techniques and quantitative methodologies that are used in decision making applications.
- Ability to work independently, and multi-task under short deadlines, based upon general direction.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.