We're looking for a Lead Backend Engineer who is passionate about building simple, scalable services to deal with complex data to work in our Container Intelligence Platform that impacts Enterprise customers.
What You'll Be Doing
- You'll lead projects as part of this scale-out effort that will allow us to handle the next orders of magnitude. Examples of such projects include writing Kafka-based streaming services.
- Distribute query engine targeting of our Cassandra and ElasticSearch data store.
- Optimize ingest pipeline.
- Put machine learning features into production.
- Mentoring other members of the team
- Write detailed design documents or break down feature requirements/asks into tasks/sub-tasks
- Handle both monitoring and security data on a daily basis across multiple platform tiers (Kubernetes, AWS, Mesos)
What You Should Bring
- Prior experience building and operating large-scale data pipelines
- Production experience with at least one of Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures and algorithms
- Java experience highly preferred
- Experience with role-based access control (RBAC) and authentication methods (simple and single sign-on [SSO])
- Experience with performance tuning, profiling and troubleshooting critical issues
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive "can do" attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- An appetite for varied data.