Medable's mission is to get effective therapies to patients faster. We provide an end-to-end, cloud-based platform with a flexible suite of tools that allows patients, healthcare providers, clinical research organizations and pharmaceutical sponsors to work together as a team in clinical trials. Our solutions enable more efficient clinical research, more effective healthcare delivery, and more accurate precision and predictive medicine. Our target audiences are patients, providers, principal investigators, and innovators who work in healthcare and life sciences.
Our vision is to accelerate the path to human discovery and medical cures. We are passionate about driving innovation and empowering consumers. We are proactive, collaborative, self-motivated learners, committed, bold and tenacious. We are dedicated to making this world a healthier place.
- Create data engineering services & tools to generate and/or facilitate synthetic health data and infrastructure
- Build, enhance, and contribute to the design and implementation of synthetic data architecture and application(s), guidelines, and data models
- Design and develop programs and tools to support collection, ingestion, curation, preparation, filtering, cleansing and provisioning of complex data to achieve synthetic health data
- Design and build data provisioning workflows/pipelines, physical data schemas, extraction, data transformations, and data integrations and/or designs using ETL and API services
- Enhance current Synthetic Data Management operations and processes to improve quality of data, efficiency, and stakeholder relationships
- Use statistical techniques to generate, store and retrieve discrete and continuous synthetic health data
- Analyze structural requirements to support data from new software and applications, such as Software as a Medical Device (SaMD)
- Coordinate with Engineering, Analytics, and Data Science teams to identify future needs and requirements
- Improve speed to market by focusing on current data needs as well as building out the long-term strategic data solutions using modern data technologies
- Mentor new hires
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with data architecture, data design patterns, and familiarity with data warehousing, data marts, and data lakes
- Strong understanding of data modeling, master data management, ETL, reporting, querying, requirements, analytics, and data integration techniques
- Ability to develop strong relationships, collaborate and support resources across teams and company functions to achieve results, drive consensus, provide excellent customer service and possess strong communication skills
- Experience in data mining, structured and unstructured data, extraction, storage, compute, access patterns and frameworks
- Knowledge of scalable data architectures, preferred exposure to streaming
- Keen interest in data engineering and driven to continually learn about and incorporate new technologies
- Experience working as a member of an agile delivery team
- Software skills: Python, JS, Java, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, SQL/Postgres/MySQL, NoSQL/MongoDB, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab, Github, Linux
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Medable, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.