Job Title: Lead, Avionics Open Systems Engineer (LAOSE)
The Lead Avionics Open System Engineer (LAOSE) is responsible for the technical execution of critical high-performance embedded processing solutions, and is the accountable primary technical authority for programs, pursuits, and basic research. The LAOSE will be a full businesses partner with an emphasis on planning, design, and engineering of heterogenous blends of exquisite embedded hardware and enterprise-level infrastructure and platforms into highly scalable, fault-tolerant, mission solutions based on Modular Open System Architecture (MOSA).
The LAOSE is responsible for the technical integrity of the system throughout the full lifecycle to include requirements-based verification and validation. The candidate will work closely with Customers, Program Managers, Engineers, Data scientists, and 3rd party vendors to ensure the systems and platforms meet or exceed mission needs and align with MOSA standards and reference architectures. You must be willing to get into the details, but also step back and a play key role in building a holistic view and drive delivery of mission critical solutions.
- Technical oversight and leadership of heterogenous blends of embedded hardware and enterprise-level infrastructures and platforms using embedded and cloud computing technologies into highly scalable, fault-tolerant, and seamless MOSA mission solutions.
- Accountable for the technical integrity of the system through the product/program full life cycle including proposals, design, integration & test, verification, and sustainment.
- Walk both sides of the V; decompose requirements to drive a risk mitigated development plan, oversea system integration, and lead requirements-based verification using test threads.
- Manage teams of engineers with technical, cost and schedule accountability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering and 9 years' experience, OR, Master's Degree in Science or Engineering and 7 years of relevant experience.
- System engineering experience on complex military systems with a focus on MOSA mission computing or Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA).
- Active Secret security clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with executing throughout the full Avionics lifecycle including requirements flow down and allocation, design, development, test, and sell-off.
- Experience developing technical or cost proposals in a defense contracting environment.
- Ability to lead systems engineering using model-based system engineering (MBSE) tools and methods.
- Expertise in Modular Open Systems Architecture (MOSA).
- Expertise in developing Product Line Architectures.
- Open standard participation such as SOSA, JCA, VITA, FACE, OCS, SCA.
- Implementation of Cloud infrastructures and virtualization on embedded platforms.
- Expert knowledge of data models, hardware/software interfaces, synchronous processing constructs and control methodology, real-time processing, and embedded system and subsystem management.
- Has conducted customer verification on Military/Civil specifications such as DO256, DO160, and DO178C.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well across multiple engineering disciplines.