As a Software Asset Management Analyst McKesson Information Technology you will be involved in the management of software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing. This position can be located out of our Windward or North Druid Hills office. Position Description
- Facilitate the business’ needs for ongoing support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration.
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services. Follow through with McKesson vendor management resources and McKesson business unit contacts to identify savings.
- Work with McKesson teams to maximize cost savings for software licensing, maintenance, and service offerings.
- Collect information for budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contract summaries, and cost comparisons.
- Enter and maintain information in a database format to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost. Assist in the development of reporting to address management requirements to obtain information.
- Communicate through email, individual interview, group meetings, and presentations to end users, management, and vendors.
- Respond to requests from end users, managers, and team members for specific IT Asset Management data and information.
- Plan and conduct software compliance audits and maintenance reviews with Business Unit Management.
- Manage vendor software entitlement portals.
- Manage a free license pool to be made available for reuse across the enterprise.
- Manage and coordinate software vendor auditsKey Competencies
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Demonstrated ICARE values in professional settingIntegrity: We do what’s right. Customer First: We succeed when our customers succeed. Accountability: We take personal responsibility for our actions and our work. Respect: We treat people with dignity and consideration. Excellence: We insist upon quality.
- 8+ years audit or related experience
- Understanding of Software license compliance auditing
- Larger software vendor auditexperience
- Experience calculating an effective license position report for major software vendors
- Excellent MS office skills
- Ability to communicate and brief to senior executives (VP/SVP/EVP/C)
- Use of enterprise class ITSM / ITAM tools
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Project Management experience (PMP)
- Certified Software Asset Manager
- Use of HP Asset Manager application with software discovery inventory integration
- Large audit firm experience
- Experience working in IT Asset Management group
- 4-yearBachelors degree
- IAITAM certification
- Certification in IT Asset Management or Software Asset Management discipline