Arcadis seeks a LEAD INSPECTOR/Assistant Resident Engineer to join our Inland Empire, CA team with knowledge in various field inspection procedures in accordance with Caltrans Construction Manuals, along with knowledge of Caltrans material testing requirements and the frequency of testing in accordance with Caltrans Construction Manual.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Allocate inspection resources and supervise inspectors.
- Arranges, coordinates and oversees technical inspections such as electrical, mechanical, landscaping, soil testing, concrete and asphalt mixes and reinforcing steel for conformance to specification requirements.
- Coordinates Test laboratory activities and compares verifications test results with results from Contractors laboratory.
- Visits construction sites and inspects each stage of construction up to completion.
- Interpret plans, specifications and codes and verifies contract work is performed in accordance with them.
- Prepares Non-Conformance Reports when work is not performed to the approved standards.
- Maintains daily activity logs and reports.
- Monitor contractor testing activities. Determine construction conforms to plans and specifications; if not issue Non-Conforming Reports for corrective action.
- Assist in maintaining, supporting and promoting a safe work environment while complying with applicable safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates preparation of inspection cost estimates and maintenance records.
- Ability to read and understand project plans, Caltrans Standard Plans and Specifications.
- Ability to recognize BMP in SWPPP applications.
- Knowledge of Caltrans Quality Assurance requirements and various field inspection techniques.
- Ability to conduct field observations and document the Contractor’s progress of work on daily diaries.
- Ability to conduct photographic documentation of the field activities.
- Ability to conduct Labor Compliance Interviews and detect potential non-compliance.
- Ability to read and understand change orders and track and document Extra Work on Force Account.
- Knowledge of Caltrans procedures for Lane Closures and ability to communicate effectively with Traffic Operations.
- Knowledge of MUTCD and its applications.
- Knowledge in traffic control and construction area sign applications.
- Knowledge in various software applications such as Word, Excel, Etc.
- Ability to perform quantity calculations.
- Ability to read resource loaded schedules and evaluate percentage of work performed to validate progress payment.
- Ability to read individual issue for construction packages.
- Ability to oversee safety measures and recognize unsafe conditions and take the necessary action to inform the Contractor.
- Ability to recognize, document and track non-compliance work.
- Familiar with various construction equipment and material used in construction.
- Position requires employee to work year-round in various weather conditions, in potentially dangerous surroundings, on different shift hours and they must have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Minimum of 10 years of civil/utility constructioninspectionexperience which reflect a progressively increasing level of responsibility on complex highway and roadway projects.
- Demonstratedexperienceand knowledge of:
- Caltrans projects and procedures
- Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA)
- Traffic Control
- Utility Coordination
- Earth and grading operations
- Retaining Walls
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Associates Degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction, a related field of study.
- PE or EIT
- OSHA 30 training certification.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)