At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) team is here to make it easy, safe, and secure for our customers to do business with Wells Fargo — whether they’re in a store, online, on the phone, at an ATM, or on a mobile device. In partnership with Wells Fargo lines of business, we bring our customers products and services that make banking simple. We impact customers directly through availability and security, as well is indirectly through our business partners who deliver value-added products and services. We have more than 23,000 team members in all 50 states dedicated to providing cutting-edge technology and operational support. This allows us to understand our customers’ financial needs, and then offer them products and solutions to help satisfy those needs so they can succeed financially.
Enterprise Business Technology (EBT) provides development and support for the many internal systems used across the enterprise. The EBT Architecture & Strategy Group provides architecture services to the breadth of EBT. We work to influence the technology direction and standards of Wells Fargo technology and ensure EBT solutions are in alignment the overall goals and objectives of EIT and our partners.
The LeadArchitect for HR and Compensation Technologies (SA6) is a key position within the Enterprise Business TechnologyArchitecture (EBTA) Group reporting into the EBT Group Systems Architect. This position is responsible for setting key strategic architecture direction for Wells Fargo HR and talent management technology solutions working closely with the LOB partners, CIO and Application managers.
This role will provide leadership to Wells Fargo for the overall technologyarchitecture for HR related systems for the enterprise. Partner closely with senior level HR business leaders as well as the CTO for HR Systems around the HR Systems long range strategy and roadmap. Lead efforts to develop and evolve technologyarchitecture to meet long term strategic objectives. Interact closely with senior technology leaders and third party vendors around creation of the architecture. Wells Fargo has a complex HR systems environment with annual payroll of $26 billion, 4 million job applicants per year, and 12 million learning course completions. The company is working to evolve the HR Systems technologyarchitecture to provide innovative solutions that bring efficiency to business process and meet compliance needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the LOB business leader, application managers, Information Security, IS Architects, and project teams to create and manage end to end Solutions Architecture
- Engage in cross EBT Architecture alignment activities and on the need basis assist in enterprise initiatives
- Acts in a strategic role in the development and maintenance of architectures for HR and team member technologies functional domains that are in compliance with the Enterprise Architecture
- Responsible for working on medium to high architectural impact projects to create solutions Architecture, reviewing and approving medium architectural impact designs, communicating the Architecture strategy and direction to both management and development teams, line of business and infrastructure and directing implementation of the architecture for HRtechnology
- Serves as the highest-level technical consultant to internal clients and technical management to ensure conformity with Enterprise Architecture, having expertise across a broad portion of the organizational unit's architecture, or in-depth expertise within a more specific portion of the architecture.
The preferred work location is Charlotte, NC, but otherlocations such as Chandler, AZ and Minneapolis, MN will also be considered.
- 10+ years of information technology systems design and planning experience; in systems, applications, or architecture
- 10 + years of experience designing software solutions using softwarearchitecture design principles
- Extensive technical skills and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of an entire line of business or infrastructure sub-domain
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- 3+ years of PeopleSoft experience
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years combined technical and business experience
- 8+ years of experience in leading medium & large scale program solution architecture
- 5+ years’ experience in creating architecture for HR solutions
- 3+ years of experience in creating architecture for PeopleSoft Human Capital Management Systems
- Experience with packaged solutions like PeopleSoft Ability to implement contemporary business solutions leveraging SOA, BPM, Mobile, Social, Integration, and Data technologies
- Experience influencing management on technical or business solutions
- Experience with a wide application of technical principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications or a component family