The Cloud Native Lead/architect will serve as a technical leader and SME for our cloud-native apps and platform development. The team is responsible for developing solutions that focus on application developers and engineers that run infrastructure and services supporting these applications. OpsRamp is an industry-leading big data platform for monitoring and managing hybrid cloud environments through logs and metrics, and alerting. This team builds and maintains solutions that make getting insights from this data turnkey and efficient, such as our Metrics, Logs, PA (performance & availability), and solutions. We are looking to expand into APM in the coming months. When developing these solutions, we think about the problem end-to-end: how do we automatically collect data from common data sources, how do we store it efficiently in a datastore, how do we present this information to the user, what actions do we take on the insights from the data? All of these aspects are important in bringing a turnkey solution to the market.
- Guide the teams in evaluating platform and language support in this ever-changing landscape.
- Shepherd involvement in industry-wide initiatives like OpenTelemetry.
- Work with other teams at OpsRamp to ensure delivery of a comprehensive discovery and monitoring solution that leverages the power of the OpsRamp multi-tenant platform, big data architecture, and AIOps.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- 8 or more years of professional experience with at least 3 years of experience designing cloud-native architectures from scratch or migrating existing solution
- Deep experience in Enterprise Software development including modern Cloud-native development, DevOps, and Site Reliability Engineering
- Good knowledge of application and infrastructure monitoring platforms and challenges
- The ability to break down complex problems, implement custom solutions and automate them in a secure manner
- Experience working with container Designs Cloud-Native and Open source architectures
- Experience with technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with systems analysis & integration, requirements analysis, and process definition and implementation
- DevOps lifecycle experience
- DevOps with EKS, GKE, Ansible
- Knowledge in creating and managing containers in AWS or GCP
- Experience creating serverless applications
- Understanding geographic load balancing and traffic management
- Experience with designing real-time monitoring services with Prometheus, ElasticSearch, and Grafana
- Demonstrated experience with TLS/SSL certificate and configuration management secrets
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.
- Experience with RESTful services using Web APIs
- Experience with many other big data technologies at scale: Kubernetes, Docker, Elastic Search, Jenkins, Ansible and/or TerraformPreferred additional experience:
- Deep understanding of DevOps processes
- Experience leading distributed teams of software engineers (people manager, tech lead)
- Significant experience as a hands-on software engineer so you understand the core principles of the engineering work that is going on in your team
- A compassionate approach to communication, a good sense of humor, and a genuine interest in the success and growth of the people you work with
- Experience with application performance monitoring