Lead Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Lead Applications Developer provides leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. He/She directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. This position develops and leads AD project activities and integrations. He/She guides teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies. He/She provides knowledge and support for applications’ development, integration, and maintenance. This position will lead junior team members with project related activities and tasks. This position guides and influences department and project teams. He/She facilitates collaboration with stakeholders.
- Experience with Cloud computing using Microsoft Azure
- Relevant Azure Cloud experience with hands-on build/integration/release/deployment and scaling activities
- Strong knowledge of Cloud security standards and principles including Identity and Access management in Azure
- Must be able to lead Azure DevOps initiatives and grow the DevOps culture/community
- 5+ years of designing object oriented solutions using domain and enterprise design patterns
- 3-5 years of ASP.NET Web API, Web API OData, SignalR, Owin and MVC experience
- 2+ years of management\lead experience, with passion for mentoring and coaching team members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively express ideas, engage in complex discussions and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law