The Lead Application Analyst/Developer is responsible for the solution analysis, technical design, development, testing and implementation of application components to support the users of the MES and ERP system to include related technologies and applications like Tableau, Outsystems, Radan, GenSuite etc. The Lead Application Analyst/Developer also provides support instructions and training to the other GBS Analysts and Developers.
A successful candidate should be able to work with functional business analysts, business process owners and other technical team members for a given requirement.
Next to this, the Lead Application Analyst/Developer will act as the primary GBS production support resource for the Madera plant.
Principle accountabilities are:
- Business requirements
- Focusses to meet customer objectives including on time delivery and quality
- Interprets functional requirements and translates them into technical specifications
- Conducts requirements review, coordinates / performs Unit and Regression testing
- Presents alternative solutions to specifications when appropriate to ensure best quality delivery
- Analyzes data and trends generated from Support Requests tracking system and recommends business process improvement efforts
- Identifies and presents opportunities to improve system processes
- Acts as an advisor to stakeholder initiatives
- Assess and handling of customer system escalations
- Improvement of workingprocesses
- Participates in Process Improvement activities
- Guides efforts to create standard work flow for processes within the Global Business System organization
- Provides guidance and direction for day to day activities and project initiatives
- Serve as a mentor to the other GBS Team members
- Global collaboration with developers and business system analysts to define a strategic application architecture with a primary focus on reducing complexity and overall operating cost
- Working Helpdesk activities including report generation, data analysis and problem resolution as well as provide instructions and training for IT related activities
- Acts as liaison between other Global Business System Teams and External technical suppliers
- Provides periodic communications and presentations on project status and production issues, changes to the Business Analysts Team
- Builds or has a strong internal and external network with different local and global departments
- There are no people reporting to this function. The Lead Application Analyst/Developer plays however an important role in the projects that he/she is involved in, he/she steers and provides guidance to the other developers involved
- No grants of authority have been assigned to the Lead Application Analyst/Developer
- The LeadApplication Analyst/Developer has multiple day to day contacts while executing his/her function:
- Members of the Global Business System Teams
- All BAC departments when providing guidance to resolve business system issues
- All persons participating in cross-functional teams
- 3rd party suppliers of services
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a minimum of 10 years hands-on technical MES/ERP development.
- Working knowledge of MES/ERP data structures; specifically, orders and customers with substantial knowledge of related data structures in FSCM
- Excellent PeopleSoft development skills using: PeopleTools, Application Designer, Portal, Messaging, Workflow, Component Interfaces and API technology
- Excellent SQL/PeopleSoft report writing/query writing skills using tools such as: Crystal Report Writer, nVision, PS Query, SQR/SQC, XML Publisher and Application Engine technology
- Excellent knowledge of the software development change control process and tools used to perform the function.
- Develop and maintain MES/ERP design and coding standards
- Enforces and develops compliancy with the architectural roadmap and processes for projects
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) to include agile development methods
- Reviews and approves other team members and outside consultants technical documentation
- Ability to estimate and review level of effort (LOE) required to build, test and implement technical solutions
- Excellent analytical skill and problem solving techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Take ownership and work independently on assignments as well as work effectively as part of project team.
- Prior experience as a Senior Analyst/Developer
- Has a high level of customer focus with the ability to identify and prioritize urgent requirements
- A stress resistant person who’s willing to help others and shift priorities as needed
- High ability to work autonomously
- Communicate and team player, eager to provide guidance to more junior Application Analysts/ Developers
- Ability to present best practices, alternative solutions to project initiatives.