The Lead Application Systems Analyst is a full time position with Atlantic Health System's (AHS) Information Technology Division. Theposition has responsibility of team lead and oversight for implementations and support of assigned applications and technologies. The workis accomplished in a team environment and requires excellent problem solving and communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
Lead Application Systems Analyst – Epic OpTime & Anesthesia responsibilities include:
- Leads analysis of workflows, system details and technical issues associated with a body of applications supported
- Scopes multiple major and minor enhancements in accordance with ISS standards and best practices
- Analyzes new functionality and recommends how it should be used to prioritize and implement requested changes to the system
- Troubleshoots highly complex problems and questions from end users.
- Prioritizes and assigns work for the team and provides support of daily and ad-hoc requests.
- Tracks progress on projects and intervenes to address delays and gaps
- Interfaces with key IT, clinical, business and operations staff to assist in the development of efficient workflows.
- Drives changes and makes recommendations to leadership regarding ISS processes, change management and operational workflows
- Architects and delivers solution innovations to improve services or to lower costs, operating under deadlines and challenging workloads.
- Solves highly complex problems and develops solutions to tasks or projects which may be unique, using judgment and initiative
- Involved in multi-team and integrated solution development
- Assists the manager with vendor relationships.
- Leads functionality and workflow demonstrations
- Represents the IT Division in meetings. Runs meetings among internal workgroups as well as external operational stakeholders.
- Mentors the team and orients new team members
- Responsible to be available to work on an on-call basis for system upgrades, go lives and departmental needs
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Mathematics, Healthcare Informatics or Computer Science or
- equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years work experience within information technology or applicable area of healthcare
- Experience with application build and configuration
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of clinical and/or business practices and principles
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of IT best practices
- Demonstrated ability to gather information from multiple sources and analyze applicability and appropriateness, and develop an efficient workflow
- Experience with organizational strategies, business operations, and end-user requirements to develop system design and training projects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and change management skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships
- Application specific certification (Epic OpTime & Anesthesia)