Lead Application Support Engineer
It is the primary responsibility of the Lead Application Support Engineer to insure applications remain operational for MGM Resorts International. The Lead provides second and third level support to resolve any operational concerns with the application in accordance with established SLAs. The Lead performs complex systems root cause analysis of problems and incidents associated with applications and services within the corporate environments. They implement technical solutions that provide for self-healing and high availability of all applications installed at MGMRI. The Lead mentors other more junior Application Support Engineers on a day to day basis. They also interact directly with other departments within IT as appropriate to ensure prompt and high quality resolution of issues.
- Effectively communicate needs of the team to department manager and escalate issues accordingly.
- Review and Approve time off request of vertical team members and schedule staff to ensure adequate coverage 24/7/365.
- Manage Support Ticket Queue, assign tickets to team members, and follow up on progress.
- Evaluate team member’s performance, determine correct coaching and training needs, and deliver coaching/training when necessary.
- Receive and resolve escalations from the Operations Center Analysts.
- Receive and resolve application escalations from Tier 1 third party vendors personnel.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) level of application level issues.
- Responsible for attending project meetings and facilitating meetings as required.
- Responsible for understanding system/application topology to include interfacing systems.
- Responsible to attend strike teams as an escalation point.
- Responsible for providing KBA’s.
- Responsible to assistance as required in providing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and responses from Tier 1 & Tier 2.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation related to applications and application issues.
- Responsible for documenting issues that are awaiting code releases to resolve.
- Responsible for attending training on applications and technical skills.
- Works with IT groups, Vendors and Business users.
- Escalates issues for resolution (and provides follow-up) to Tier 3 (MGM Enterprise Architecture, In-house Development staff, Infrastructure Engineering, OEM and application vendors).
- Provide technical leadership to more junior application engineers.
- Provide high level knowledge and mentoring in version control systems.
- Provide high level knowledge on the following platforms:AS400, Dell, HP, and/or Tandem/Stratus.
- Provide high level knowledge on the following operating systems/technologies: OS400; Windows 2003, 2008 Windows Terminal Services; XenApp; Windows Active Directory; Guardian; Unix/Aix/Linux; and/or Application Installation.
- Provide high level knowledge of core Java principles and possess Java diagnostic expertise.
- Other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in an application and network support role with a demonstrated track record of development of more and more complex solutions.
- Previous experience in Information Technology preferably with a strong technical understanding of the various hardware, software and networking systems being supported.
- Previous Information Systems experience working with the following systems: IBM AS400 series, AIX, UNIX, Windows and Sun Micro systems, TCP/IP and SNMP network protocols.
- Experience with corporate source systems/files (i.e. Payroll, Human Resources, General Ledger, Hiring/Employee Processing, Inventory & Purchasing, Vendor Payments and Time & Attendance).
- Experience with multi source system databases (e.g. DB2, SQL Server, or Oracle).
- Understanding of ITIL processes.
- Understanding of system error messages and resolve system related problems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Experience with at least one of the following systems: Opera, LMS, Infogenesis, Patron Management, SpaSoft, TIBCO, Spotfire, Epicor, and/or Stratten Warren.
- Experience working with Infinium BOH Applications or other iSeries BOH applications ie: Lawson Iris.
- Major Operating System Engineer level certification (MCSE, AIX, OS400, etc.).
- Vendor accessed certification is a hardware platform (DCSE, HP, IBM, etc.).
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.