Lead Application Integration Developer
Leads/mentors staff in working with assigned customers/areas to translate business requirements into application/system solutions.
Ascension Information Services (AIS) is seeking to hire a Lead Application Integration Developer. This individual will join a large project which will transform application integration services at Ascension.
This lead position works actively with business users to understand requirements, create technical specifications and participate in the development of the solution.
Leads/mentors staff in working with assigned customers/areas to translate business requirements into application/system solutions. Strong technical background is critical with the ability to understand business requirements and operations. This individual must also have strong communication, customer service, and analytical skills and be able to balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Serves customers as a key point of contact. Manages customer expectations and ensures prompt and complete customer service. Forms productive networks with internal and external customers and the vendor community. Produces project plans, RFP's, and RFI's. Customizes presentations to the interests of the audience.
Produces Project Plans and Statements of Work. Writes documentation in a clear, concise manner and according to standards. Shares knowledge effectively within the work team.
- Responds to user problems to explain new technologies and present deliverables.
- Participates in project design, contributing technical insights and ideas. Helps formulate project scope and objectives.
- Works directly with Developers, Architects, Project Managers, Analysts, and other members of the wider team to develop the integration components
- Conducts diagnosis of most business problems. Designs, directs and performs analyses to resolve complex first-time project issues including analysis of technical and economic feasibility of proposed system solutions.
Designs technical projects with broad implications requiring systems integration and or data feeds of one or more technical platforms. Leads design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs.
- Participates in Ascension’s SOA Training Program.
- Bachelor's LevelDegree
- Bachelor's degreepreferred or equivalent experience
- Seven years of experiencepreferred.
- Experience in application support experience in J2EE/ SOA based applications preferred
- Experience with Enterprise Application Integration (middleware) technologiespreferred
- Hands-onexperience with and working knowledge with one or moretechnology areas or platformspreferred:
- WebLogic suite
- Commercially available SOA Suites such as IBM, Oracle, etc. (Oracle preferred)
- Distributed application environments
- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, XSD, HL7 messaging formats
- Strong relational databaseexperience (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Experience supporting 24 X 7 critical business systems in a production environment
- Healthcare knowledge
- Experience with problem and incident management tools