The Lead Application Developer is responsible for the design, development, testing, and support of various systems and their corresponding interfaces to other in house systems. The Lead Application Developer supports systems across an array of functional areas under the guidance of the Project Manager. Working with business analysts, infrastructure administrators, network services, and development colleagues the Lead Application Developer is required to support and adhere to the guidelines set forth in the Dick's Sporting Goods System Development Methodology (SDM).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Subject matter expert - Technical expert for designated technical areas such as programming languages, operating systems, databases and/or packaged systems.
- Leads Implementation efforts - Work with cross-functional team members to recommend technical solutions to business issues and/or system issues. Make technical recommendations for more efficient troubleshooting and issue resolutions.
- Acts as code reviewer for other application developers’ output to enforce accepted programming standards and techniques. Provides assistance and routine consultation to internal business users of applications.
- Works with cross functional team members to develop system and software designs.
- Works with Project Manager and Quality Assurance representative to estimate new system issue resolution or package implementation efforts.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS or IT or related field required
- 7 - 10 Years
- 8+ yrs developing commercial grade applications with large scale deployments.
- Strong experience in current software engineering and solution delivery methodologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- .net / .net core
- C ++
- SQL Server and Oracle
- Modern Web Development ( Angular, jQuery, BootStrap)
- REST / JSON Web Services (WCF and Web API)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Cross functional Retail knowledge (POS experience a plus)
- Interpersonal/team building skills
- A strong self-starter
- Agile software development methodology
- DevOps experience preferred
- Test Automation experience also a plus