Business Summary Computershare (ASX: CPU) is the world's largest stock transfer agent that has pioneered many of the securities industry's innovations to help companies build and maintain strong relationships with their investors, employees and customers. For more than 35 years, we have grown rapidly in markets around the world to meet the evolving needs of our 16,000 clients
Job SummaryResponsible for providing technical leadership, oversight and mentoring to the application development teams. Responsible for overseeing the design, development and implementation of enterprise applications used by associates, customers and investors. Reviews application design and code to ensure conformance to standards and provides training to team members in technical tools, standards and procedures
Position Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Lead the technical design, development, testing and implementation of web, database server and ancillary applications utilizing company standardized development procedures and techniques that support the requirements defined by stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with team members and business partners in defining, designing, developing and implementing technology solutions to improve business functions. Provides analysis and design support in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures which are cost effective and meet user requirements. Analyzes applications and implement improvements to optimize performance.
- Train and mentor development staff in technical tools and techniques in order to maximize their contribution to the team.
- Responsible for suggesting, reviewing and justifying new technical tools and techniques and managing their implementation.
- Review and test applications developed by the Application Development team to ensure conformance to company development standards and to ensure solutions are developed utilizing appropriate technical components and techniques.
- Analyze applications and implement improvements to optimize performance.
- Develop and review system documentation for all developed applications, including flowcharts.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of development and production environments.
- Lead the planning and implementation of large projects, which includes the design and execution of acceptance test plans to ensure a successful implementation.
- Provide production support including limited on-call.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and interact at all levels
- Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Strong leadership and excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional, technical experience in a developer role
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with developing SQL Server applications and optimization including DDL, DML, stored procedures and triggers
- Demonstrated experience with developing web applications and/or windows forms applications
- Experience with other Microsoft languages and technologies, including MSMQ, Sharepoint and TFS
- Demonstrated experience with technical design, reviews and leadership for the design and implementation of enterprise applications
- Demonstrated experience with adhering to usability, design and development standards
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of unit testing, performance testing and user acceptance testing
- Experience leading a cross functional development team made up of Software Developers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Testers
- Experience with developing web services in an enterprise production environment
- Demontstrated experience with Java 7 or higher, Java Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
- Experience with varied source and version control systems, caching frameworks
- In-depth experience with various SDLCs, Waterfall and Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Hybrid)
- Experience in the mortgage or legal services industries
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: MCSD, MCSE, MCSA, OCE
Computershare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.