Rogers Communications is seeking a Delivery Lead (Sr. Developer API/Mulesoft) – you will be working on Integration projects for "Rogers For Business" (R4B) division ensuring all projects are delivered on time within budget and with good quality. Reporting into a Sr. Development Manager, you will be accountable and responsible for delivering the right and cost effective IT solution to our Business partners.
- Design, Develop and lead the Integration SCRUM team following the Agile development methodology.
- End to end accountabilities for Integration team's design, codebase, environment and software. The role includes accountabilities of both the new development and Operational support. (Practising Dev Ops)
- Work with various IT teams, e.g., QA, other development teams, IT PMs to develop realistic IT solution and Agile delivery schedule.
- Coordinates team efforts to resolve complex issues and conflicts and escalate to executive level wherever required.
- Works with stakeholders and develop aggressive yet achievable roadmaps.
- Creates a work environment where employees are engaged, challenged, accountable, and recognized.
- Promotes quality, innovation, teamwork, and timely communication of issues / opportunities.
- Builds trusted relationships throughout IT organization to enable delivery of client requirements.
- Effective communicator both oral and written, with the ability to frame technology issues in business terms.
- Leadership capabilities: Customer Service Orientation, Teamwork and Collaboration, Adaptability and Ability to influence, negotiate and drive initiatives.
- Highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to influence and engage colleagues, along with a broad understanding of the businesses we support.
- Takes ownership for high quality internal, external, IT, and business unit stakeholder communications.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of hands on software development experience (Java based and/or API Gateway)
- 2-4 years of experience in any of the following API Gateway platform – Mulesoft (preferred), NGINX, Layer7, Apigee or any other similar API Gateway platform
- Excellent knowledge of Databases and SQL
- Experienced Working in Agile methodology
- Hands on experience in setting up CI/CD pipeline in a Devops environment (Using tools like Jenkins)
- Experience working on the telecommunications industry
- Nice to have - General understanding of Rogers overall business and practices
- Excellent Written, Verbal and presentation skills