This individual is expected to be very experienced in developing RESTful APIs, preferably in an Amazon Web Services environment using Lambda functions, API Gateway, and a framework like Serverless
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Design and building of RESTful APIs using Node.js and Typescript in an AWS environment (Lambda, API Gateway, Serverless, EC2, Express MongoDB).
- Participate in a highly functional agile team responding to ever changing environment.
- Interact with front-end developers to make sure API endpoints provide the appropriate data for various applications.
- Develop work estimates as part of Scrum planning.
- Mentor other technical scrum team members as needed.
- Establish and use a modern CI/CD pipeline to enable delivery of API's at a rapid pace.
- Ensure the scalability, stability, and security of the software you produce
- Lead design and code reviews.
- Lead conceptual design/architecture activities.
- Lead formal code review for other team members
Education / Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- At least 8 years experience building web based applications, at least 3 years of experience with Node.js/MongoDB
- At least 3 years leading an enterprise development team.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, etc...).
- Experience working in an Agile development
- Experience using REST principals in building API's
- Experience with API design using OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications
- Strong working knowledge of Git + Git Flow, Jira, BitBucket, CI/CD
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- A history of self-learning, and personal development