At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for analyzing, designing and validating structured/unstructured data sources, data transformations, data lineage, data quality rules, data models, built on traditional warehouses as well as Big Data systems. Partners with the business and technology teams to develop innovative data solutions to support advanced analytics initiatives such as AI, Machine Learning and traditional analytic platforms.
- Analyzes complex database systems using a variety of tools.
- Documents data requirements. Illustrates how data domains relate to each other using tools like source-target mappings, process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, and workflow diagrams.
- Partners with product owners to develop user stories and define requirements for the design and development of Enterprise Data Warehouses, Dimensional Datamarts built on analytic platforms.
- Uses data quality and data profiling tools to profile complex data sources, define data quality rules, and define data transformation rules for data curation.
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing (Functional and Performance) to validate curated data established by Business Technology.
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Data Warehouse/Datamart development using various analytic tools or related
- 6+ years of experience in Data Integrations using various tools or related
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, 8+ years of experience in Data Warehouse/Datamart development using tools like Teradata, SQL and 8+ years of experience in Data Integrations using tools like Informatics, Datastage, Ab Initio
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Data Quality/Data Profiling/Metadata Management or related
- 2+ years of experience in Credit Card, Banking, Fraud, Risk, Compliance, Collections, Underwriting or related
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, 2+ years of experience in Risk/Marketing/Acquisitions modeling, strategy development