Are you passionate about healthcare, and looking for a place where you can contribute to systemic change?Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster, generating insights to guide consumers in their journey to wellness and help them achieve their health ambitions, whether it’s running the Inca Trail Marathon or playing tackle football with their grandkids?Aetna’s Analytics & Behavior Change is focused on delivering strategically impactful programs and tools to help our members across all life stages feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
We are currently looking for an exceptional Lead Analytics Consultant in our Hartford (CT) or New York City offices.
- ·Consults with internal clients to identify opportunities to implement data science solutions to business problems at an advanced level.
- ·Collaborates with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
- ·Acts as an analytics product owner translating business needs into analytics projects and knowing appropriate models to suggest to data scientists.
- ·Be hands-on structuring data analysis, driving analytics insights and analytical solutions to help data scientists determine the best analytical solution.
- ·Understanding key drivers of business value and being able to translate into business opportunities and frame them as analytical problems. E.g. how to grow business?
- ·Presents insights and recommendations to senior staff and internal clients.
- ·Reviews work of junior team members and mentor them.
- ·Autonomously leads business relationship and sub-teams through analytics development.
- ·Consults on the creation of analytics solutions that effectively weigh business and technical tradeoffs using an advanced understanding of business strategy as well as relevant big data environment topics.
- ·Minimum 5 years total business experience
- ·2+ years experience strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
- ·Mandatory experience programming using R, Hadoop, Python, SQL, SAS
- ·3+ years experience leading teams and business initiatives to impact
- ·Healthcare, Insurance sector experience preferred
- ·Product or Pricing strategy experience a plus
- ·Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods and statistical analyses, with and in-depth specialization in some areas.
- ·Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- ·Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
- ·Strategic problem-solving mindset – Ability to conceptualize and validate potential opportunities, and proactively anticipate/address problems and roadblocks before they occur
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Master's degree