Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
- 5+ years experience in database design and data modeling
- 5+ years experience developing scripted jobs, ODBC, file manipulation & ETL
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems, technology and skills required
- Solid expertise with SQL (MySQL, Teradata or other relational database)
- Exposure to analytics and modeling
- Experience with query optimization
- Minimum of five years business experience, with at least three of those years in a business development-related role
- Experience with Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, MySQL or other relational database and tools
- Experience with data modeling, ETL development and other data warehousing
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Pig & Hive
- Working knowledge of Node.js
- Experience with Linux command line is a plus
- Experience with Windows server administration is a plus
- Experience in Risk or Compliance a plus
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.