Responsible for leading and verifying technical testing of core applications. Leads development of data automation scripts and implements successfully in system test room. Leads maintenance of the tools and processes used for test management by QA team. Facilitates resolution of testing issues. Facilitates stress and performance testing functions and documentation of results. Interprets both technical and functional testing requirements. Leads configuration activities for metrics collection and analysis. Mentors testers and developers on QC / Test standards.
- Ensures that all projects conform and have met the entry and Exit criteria according to IT standards. Leads plans and conducts testing on complex apps and new technologies, ensuring overall product quality. Verifies testing results. Reviews the test scripts covering integration of applications. Develops test plans and designs test scripts, scenarios and conditions for systems testing. Reviews technical and functional requirements of project.
- Leads the quality evaluation of vendor software as a participant in the overall vendor assessment, and reports on issues discovered and how they should be remedied. Oversees the validation of sub-contracted work for quality, and leads review of vendor software upgrades and the effect on department systems. Based on requirements gathered by Business Analyst, develops test plans and designs scripts, scenarios and conditions to be tested. Writes the test scripts and decides what and how to test.
- Facilitates and Leads the Test strategy session with functional users and development teams; independently develops test strategy plans for each release, in which high level estimates of the time, resources, level of analysis and number of scripts are projected. Decides on the testing tools strategy. Develops and utilizes test metrics. Decides on the test environment and ensure proper test set-up. Determines what should be tested and how it should be tested.
- Leads project tests and development of project plans for metrics development. Determines constraints and risks under each of the assumptions made for the testing analysis. Develops test metrics to measure and control progress of the quality testing. Ensures test documents are in order and meet test standards and that test metrics for QA team are sent in a timely manner.
- Defines and maintains the system test environment requirements/configuration for the release, reaching across the project teams to ensure successful testing of all the projects on time.
- Manages resolution of defects and deviations information for trending and process improvement. Oversees resolutions of quality defects.
- Reviews test plans with the project managers and ensures documented agreement with the plan. Validates sub-contracted (on-shore/off-shore) work for quality. Reviews/Oversees work of QA Technicians. Reviews vendor software upgrades and its effect on department systems. Mentors/coaches and provides support to less experienced team members. Trains and sets up appropriate infrastructure for new QA team members.
- Ensures test management processes are followed by the team members. Determines test tools, methods and ensures proper configuration. Validates traceability of system requirements to test conditions and scripts. Identifies quality related product risks, and prepares recommendations to resolve.
- Leads complex strategy for continuous improvement to test data management and automation productivity. May perform as back-up for stress, performance and back-end testing, including SQL and Batch. Collects data points, as necessary, during testing.
- Keeps current on industry quality control best practices, as well as keeps abreast of Option Care’s business. Shares this information with less experienced analysts.
Supervisory Responsibilities: i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc. No
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 6 years of experience in application development and testing.
- At least 4 years of experience with Testing, such as Standard test tools, testing processes, test types (unit, load, integration, system, regression, stress and performance testing).
- At least 4 years of experience in programming with programs such as shell scripts, SQL, batch.
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Experience with test management (including: organization, planning, authoring, execution, and reporting).
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify areas of opportunity and to drive improvement of results.
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
Less than 10% travel.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences discipline, such as IS, IT or Software Engineering
- Knowledge of Option Care’s applications (dependent on BU)
- 5+ years of working experience as automation tester in testing web and citrix based applications
- QA mindset and experience to translate complex business/functional requirements to quality artifacts.
- Experience of manual testing types functional, regression, integration and adhoc testing.
- Hands on experience of automation testing using automation tools like selenium, UTP, automation anywhere
- Proficient in SDLC, QALC and defect life cycle process.
- Knowledge of performance testing tools like jmeter
- Advanced SQL skills on SQL Server or Oracle Database
- Experience in a programming language like Java
- Good collaboration and communication skills with proactive attitude
- Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills