We are seeking an analytics expert that enjoys working in a team environment, thrives on leveraging open source tools to solve real world business problems and has a specific interest in the various forms of risk in the payments industry. This analytics expert should be able to craft thorough and, where necessary, visually supported analyses to proactively address areas of concern, while also contributing new insights and ideas working with the larger central analytics team to build reusable scalable solutions. The right person for this role has a passion for analytics, a curiosity for all things data and a pragmatic nature to center around crucial business objectives. An ability to interact and communicate with both our business and technology partners is crucial to meet project objectives.
Be a main point of contact with internal partners to deliver “short-term” ad-hoc analytics focused on lowering risk. Proactively analyze existing and new data sources to recommend strategies. Initiate longer term deliverables and projects that typically involve working with data scientists, data engineers and software engineers in the centralized analytics team. In part, these projects will involve developing and evolving a suite of solutions centered around enabling data-driven decision making concern risk. The evolving analytics suite will be exposed both internally and externally, so understanding the needs and tradeoffs of both internal and external partners and customers is vital. Operate in time-sensitive environment with competing deadlines, while delivering efficient analytics based on a clear view point on what analytics are both sufficient and necessary to the conditions at hand.
- 5+ years experienceworking with customers on data based problems as a hands-on analytics “consultant” - either internally or externally (preferably in the financial services or payments industry)
- Strong history delivering and discussing analytics outputs to non-technical end-users (fraud, kyc and risk management in payments industry of specific interest)
- Experience working with business stakeholders to solve complicated data-related problems by matching business objectives with existing solutions, ad-hoc analytics and knowledge of what’s possible with more sophisticated data and analytics approaches.
- Ability to interpret statistical output from econometric models (e.g. linear regression, discrete choice models, hazard rate modeling)
- Hands on experience in Python or R, as well as a database querying language (e.g. MySQL, Redshift SQL)
- Positive outlook towards work, strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
Bonus Points for:
- Deep Experience in payments (Good Domain knowledge on Financial Services Industry)
- Background in Applied Economics
- Experience building customer facing data solutions (such as through RStudio’s Shiny)
- Experience in Amazon Redshift
- Experience with git, github, and the pull request workflow
- Experience in large data environments
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career with us will too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Quarterly Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!