The ERP Reporting Team Lead acts as a liaison between business users and project team, and communicates appropriately and effectively with co-workers, customers, and supervisors. Reviews Functional Specifications, makes recommendations for acceptance, and assists with efforts to prioritize Report Development and Enhancements. Manages the help desk queue by assigning tickets, managing work flow and work load, and creating on-callschedules. Manages support escalations internally and externally with the software vendors as needed and administers the PS Query Exams.
What you will be responsible for:
• Organize and lead Report Design sessions as necessary; facilitate understanding of data structure and reporting tools limitations between End Users and Report Developers
• Provides technical support to business super users; escalates user problems and manages vendor tickets as appropriate; responds promptly to customer questions and provides education to customer to prevent future problems; manages communication to users on assigned tickets; provides on callsupport as needed
• Understands and conducts a thorough analysis of the Functional Requirements and provides solutions that are easy to maintain and support
• Provide an end-to-end ownership of the assigned objects and proactively identify issues and potential missing requirements
• Manages changes/ambiguities effectively and deliver the development objects within the stipulated time frame while maintaining quality.
• Diligently follows the department standard methodology and procedures, including change control
• Performs effective Unit Testing and provides support for any issues identified during the test phase
• Provides estimates and visibility regarding the status of the objects and communicates with users, team members, and project manager regarding project or issue status and/or potential problems.
• Coordinates with multiple teams to ensure that the development objects are migrated and tracked across systems.
• Provide mentoring and cross-training to peers and interdependent team members.
• Participate in the remediation and unit testing effort for the PeopleSoft Upgrades.
• Create and maintain thorough and complete technical documentation as per the prescribed AHS standards.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Analyze new reporting tools and technologies to solve business problems
• Performance tuning of QRYs and RPTs
• Review Technical Spec and reporting code objects developed by non-IT DEPTS
• QA of reporting objects developed by IT
• Review Functional Specifications and make recommendations for acceptance
• Assist with efforts to prioritize Report Development and Enhancements
• Administer PS Query Exams
• Manages the help desk queue by assigning tickets, managing work flow and work load, and creating on-callschedules. Manages support escalations internally and externally with the software vendors as needed.
• Monitors help desk queue reports and audits documentation to ensure SLA compliance, ITSM quality and completeness.
• Mentors and guides team members in troubleshooting, testing, and supporting of PeopleSoft.
• Mentors and guides project team members in the use of PS Query
• Identifies opportunities for process improvement and automation, within IT as well as with the Shared Service Centers and Implementation Teams.
• Acts as a liaison between business users and project team; communicating appropriately and effectively with co-workers, customers, and supervisors.
• Leads large projects as assigned including identifying tasks and coordinating resources
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Strong understanding of PeopleSoft application architecture, including infrastructure, database table structure and design standards
• Knowledge of database query language, e.g. SQL, and scriptingexperience
• Ability to present technical solutions or research to multiple levels of users and management in a language that non-technical understand
• Understands system and industry security requirements.
• Understands standard business processes and reporting needs pertaining to one or more business area (HR, Time and Labor, Finance and/or Supply Chain)
• Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects, application support, and development activities.
• Outstanding critical thinking skills. Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions.
• Ability to analyze business needs and translate into reporting requirements
• Proven ability to work with all members of a project team, including business, technical, and management
• Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service, communication, analysis and problem solving skills required
• Extremely organized and capable of tracking, managing, and resolving many issues simultaneously.
• Proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Project Management
• Advanced verbal, written, and presentation communication skills and ability to effectively use common Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• Familiarity with implementation applications (Stat / Phire, ServiceNow or CA Help Desk, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics, or Information Systems.
• Minimum 1 yearexperience PeopleSoft Enterprise 9.x
• Minimum 6 years’ experience of PeopleSoft development and/or designing reports with at least 5 of the following technologies: nVision, PeopleSoft Query, BI Publisher, SQR, Crystal Reports, or Application Engine using PeopleCode
• Experience with a Batch Scheduling tool
• Experience driving process improvements in the development cycle
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Experience with Automation and Label Printing software
• Experience in a Healthcare environment