JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers with close to a 1000 stores and jcp.com. We are a diverse community of people, all working together to bring sensational style, sensible prices and the best service possible to our customers. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to work in an energetic, respectful, collaborative environment. With a wide array of jobs, internships, training and more, there are countless opportunities for you to grow your career with us.
The Business Analyst will report to Senior Manager – Allocation & Optimization and will be part of the team that is responsible for building and configuring software solutions supporting Merchandise Allocation, Optimization, and Product Design and Sourcing. This entails: (1) strategizing, roadmap planning, selecting, architecting/designing, building and implementing technology solutions to solve complex business problems.(2) portfolio management for entire business applications suite (3) actively managing the on-going health and supportability of the portfolio in alignment with IT Ops & Support, (4) managing the cost, contracts, and licensing associated with the portfolio, (5) partnering with other IT and business teams to deliver end to end technology solutions for JCPenney. The team provides IT solutions to multiple business clients, primarily from Merchandise Planning & Allocation and Product Design & Sourcing teams. This portfolio includes multiple COTS packages and internally-written applications.
Critical Primary Responsibilities:
- Drive portfolio ownership by leading the development of application functionality roadmaps that are aligned with business strategy and enterprise roadmaps. Gather, analyze, evaluate, and challenge information obtained from multiple sources. Requires strong cross-functional partnership due to tightly integrated systems.
- Serve as a liaison between the business customer, IT, vendors, integration, and testing teams to ensure deliverables are technically sound and meet customers’ expectations. Expedite the definition of effective business requirements to enable swift decision making and delivery. Work closely with Project Management, Leadership, and Partner Teams to ensure priorities are aligned.
- Apply a broad knowledge of business processes/functions and technical expertise to accurately anticipate potential impacts. Conduct reviews of teams’ deliverables for understanding, completeness, and accuracy.
- Lead the Business Analyst Community of Practice. Coach, mentor and train less experienced analyst across the enterprise.
Critical Skills & Experiences:
- 7+ years of IT Business Analysis experience in large multi-channelretail company with preference for direct experience in Merchandise Forecasting, Replenishment, Allocation, and related 3rd party software packages such as JDA Allocation, Teradata Demand Chain Management, and SAS Size Optimization. Knowledge of Oracle RMS a plus.
- Experience owning BA responsibilities (as described above) for the full software development lifecycle (waterfall and iterative) for large multi-year projects and/or multiple overlapping shorter-term projects. Ability to manage multiple concurrent responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to connect with business SMEs, end users, IT partners, and 3rd party software vendors. Able to effectively convey critical information to various levels within the organization. Effectiveness in sharing knowledge across the organization, driving best practices, and coaching junior team members.