Algolux is an industry-leading software provider with technology at the intersection of AI, computer vision, and computational imaging. Our award-winning products address mission-critical applications for the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), Autonomous Vehicle (AV), Smart City, and video security markets.
Reporting to the VP of Research & Development, the Lead AI System Administrator will have a key part in a team that develops machine learning solutions for embedded imaging systems found in autonomous and semi-autonomous cars, video surveillance, and other mobile devices like drones and smartphones. You will design and manage a full-feature infrastructure located in our Montreal and Munich data centers and our main office server room. The equipment and services include high-performance GPU servers, large-scale Storage servers, Virtual Machines, Containers, Cloud and Hosted Services, Domain Controllers, and firewall/VPN. You will advise on and deploy new technologies required for our products, monitor and improve performance of infrastructure systems (such as tools for automatic GPU resource scheduling), deploy petabyte-scale storage systems, and support continuous Integration and Deployment. Automation is at the heart of solving most of our challenges. We interact with most of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers and imaging component providers. Your work at Algolux could end up in your next car… and those of millions of others!
- Design and implement a high-performance high-capacity AI server architecture
- Collaborate with Engineers to deploy novels techniques for ingesting and distributing big data (terabytes per day, petabytes of total data) and accelerate transfers
- Deploy latest cluster technologies to improve our servers efficiency
- Supervise and maintain AI server park
- Suggest, quote and present changes to the infrastructure, forecast growing demand
- Specify, quote and negotiate hardware and software purchases
- Manage and Optimize machine installations, updates, and backups
- Monitor critical services and machines,
- Design and test disaster recovery plans
- Collaborate with DevOps team to deploy and load-balance services on our Hosted and Cloud servers
- Audit and improve the Security of the company assets (e.g. updates, Firewall configuration, processes, employee training, data security, etc.)
- Put in place the services, processes, and documentation to be GDPR compliant
- Recruit and hire key sysadmin technicians
- Be available for emergency calls
- 10 years of experience with Linux system administration
- Knowledge in Windows Pro, Windows Server system administration
- Hands-on experience of networking including: firewall, routing, LAN, WAN, WLAN, VLAN, VPN, load balancer, QoS, encryption.
- Experience with large scale (petabytes) distributed data storage and access systems
- Experience with cloud computing technologies, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with VM, LDAP, SQL, OAuth, Single-Sign-On
- Experience with monitoring platforms, e.g. Nagios, Icinga, Monit, LibreNMS.
- Comfortable with a fast-changing environment, proactive mindset to anticipate needs
- University Degree in Computer Science or other relevant degrees.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Travis CI, etc.
- Experience with cybersecurity initiatives and industry best practices
- Experience in ActiveDirectory, Office 365, Google suites
- Experience in MacOS system administration
- Hands-on experience in Telephony
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.