One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
The Lead Accountant's primary responsibility is to conduct monthly financial statement package and general ledger accounting reviews for acute care hospitals. This position also provides training and leadership to Accountants and Senior Accountants within the department.
Essential Job Duties
- Conducts financial statement package and general ledger reviews. The process is undertaken to subject the monthly financial statements and results of operations to an independent review and identify potential reporting errors. Any material misstatements of the financial results are further reviewed by the assigned Regional Financial Manager and corrected prior to the corporate consolidation and SEC reporting process
- Provides accounting and information systems support to the hospital facilities and corporate departments
- Prepares comparative data and hospital specific analytics and reconciliations
- Updates, maintains and assists users in financial/statistical reporting and information systems
- Assists hospital staff in the preparation of the month end close function
- Prepared month end close
Bachelor's degree with 5 - 8 years' experience
- Prior experience in an accounting/financial capacity, preferably at a health care facility
- Experienced with information systems conversions, excellent computer skills on various systems
- Minimal travelrequired
This opportunity provides a rewarding career, challenging and rewarding work environment as well as growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries, including competitive compensation, excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan, and 401k with company match.