Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 93 days ago
Location: Lincoln, RI (Accounting Department)
Are you looking for a job in a growing industry with new products, new markets and new technology?
With locations across the country, Amica Mutual Insurance Company offers opportunities to join this dynamic field with a financially strong and respected insurance provider. Amica, based in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, offers a full line of life insurance products.
We are recognized as a leader in customer service and credit this success to our 3,800 employees in 44 offices across the country. Our benefits package includes high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and more.
Our office located in Lincoln, RI is seeking a Lead Accountant (Treasury) within our Accounting Department. The selected individual will be responsible for performing and/or reviewing daily activities of the Treasury area and participating in Accounting related projects as necessary.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Maintain oversight of payment regulations including NACHA and PCI-DSS compliance. Complete annual reporting and audit requirements gathering.
• Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures. Identify and recommend areas of improvement.
• Work collaboratively enterprise wide to enforce OFAC and AML program policies.
• Perform periodic and ad hoc analysis for senior management.
• Manage and maintain the credit card merchant services relationship.
• Analyze payment data trends and consumer payment methods.
• Administer and manage user bank access and overall bank account management.
• Identify and recommend new bank technologies, products and services to create efficiencies and enhance the customer experience.
• Work collaboratively with other core functional areas of the organization.
• Independent contributor reporting directly to the Accounting Operations Manager
• May be called upon to handle other duties as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Master’s degree preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of cash management and accounting principles.
• 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
• Pursuit of advanced degree/professional designations recommended; CTP designation highly recommended.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Office and PowerPoint.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.