Under general supervision, the Lead Accountant performs and oversees complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of ledger accounts and the development of associated managerial reports and financial statements. Position may specialize in various accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, billing, consolidations, etc.
- Oversee the day-to-day work load for assigned area of business, including compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare and post entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documenting business transactions.
- Review general ledger entries to assist with monthly activity and closings.
- Review, approve, and may prepare monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts to general ledger.
- Review, approve, and may prepare monthly bank statement reconciliations for various accounts.
- Prepare and review bank reconciliations and may perform other banking activities such as letters of credit or collateral for specified accounts.
- Proactively detect, research, and resolve reconciliation items.
- Analyze and document variances in account balances between periods.
- Review and approve various schedules required for internal and external reporting, both on a GAAP basis and as required by Statutory Accounting Principles.
- Utilize experience and knowledge to prepare and verify flux and trend analyses.
- Lead the preparation of quarterly and annual filings.
- Coordinate and participate in completing special projects as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Statutory Accounting Principles, SEC requirements, and other relevant accounting regulations.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Preferred work towards CPA designation
- 6 Years Relevant and progressive professional experience in accounting and/or finance