Less than 5 years experience • Retail / Diversified
Primary responsibilities include the accounting, forecasting, and internal reporting for all inventory-related balance sheet and select income statement accounts for retail, wholesale and distribution entities. In addition to performing traditional accounting activities, this team provides subject-matter expertise to brand/corporate initiatives, including, among other things, new system implementations, as well as prepares various reports and analyses for management and other departments within the company.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all assigned month-end duties, including journal entries, account reconciliations and otherreporting schedules.
- Leverage system knowledge to prepare analyses to support management initiatives and audit requests.
- Accurately estimate and calculate capitalizations and reserves for month end close.
- Prepare with quarterly inventoryforecasting and monthly cost of merchandise variance analysis.
- Provide subject matter expertise for inventory-related matters on projects and in support of other departments including, but not limited to, Finance, Field Management, Loss Prevention, Payables, Product Group, SalesAudit, Store Operations, Distribution Centers and LOM.
- Perform analytical reviews for inventory-related General Ledger accounts.
- Maintain proper Internal Controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Assist in special projects as requested by management.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proven accounting experience
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledge of SAP, JDA, HFM a plus
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- MBA or CPApreferred
- 3-5years of relevant experience