Under the direction of the Regional Accounting Director, this position is responsible for assisting in the accurate and timely preparation and review of the Santa Rosa regional financial statements. This position is heavily involved in monthly/quarterly close processes, year end audit preparation and leads assigned projects. This role is expected to lead efforts in improving processes for preparation of financial statements and related reports/schedules, ensuring reporting accuracy and building relationships in the organization that achieve these goals.
This position reports directly to the Santa Rosa Regional Accounting Manager with responsibility for multiple sets of books in which direct supervision of daily work activities of senior accountants is required. The position is at the Corporate Support Level in the Accounting department with specifically assigned system duties when required.
An expectation is to function at a high level of Accounting knowledge coupled with ability to direct others and give feedback on a daily basis as to work product. Overall performance evaluation is not the direct responsibility of this position: however, the expectation is for specific and documented feedback on the work of Associates assigned to this position to be incorporated into performance evaluations of those Associates. The position requires demonstrated ability to plan projects, develop and adhere to timelines, multi-task on various work flows, develop work processes meeting internal control guidelines, interpret Accounting guidance to direct work of others, and maintain skills and work above the Senior Accountant level to produce accurate and timely financialreports.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide guidance to other team members regarding complex accounting and reporting transactions. Perform independent research to guarantee the proper treatment of financial transactions and ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Drive improvements by identifying opportunities and leading new initiatives to capitalize on opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships that motivate, guide and encourage others to achieve goal of continuous quality improvement in the processes and systems used for financial statement preparation and related reporting.
- Review and analyze monthly financial data (including financial transactions and account reconciliations) identifying suspect transactions and articulating finding to the senior accountant, manager and regional VPF.
- Oversee and plan work of Senior Accountants by making assignments and reviewing daily work schedules to accomplish monthly reporting goals with accuracy and adherence to established deadlines.
- Research financial/accounting issues and propose the necessary change to Management that maintains the integrity of the financial information.
- Prepare year end auditreporting for external auditors. Identify and research audit issues and questions.
- Support Senior Management, Regional and Corporate Associates with special projects, data requests and analyses including set up of books for new entities designing processes to adhere to internal controls and GAAPreporting guidelines.
POSITIONQUALIFICATIONS A. Education/Skills
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- Ability to analyze complex accounting and financial issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations & legislation as related to accounting functions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated leadership in teamwork, special projects, and complex assignments
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently on special projects and complex assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization
- Knowledge of Meditech preferred
- Seven or more years of advanced experience in senior level or above accountant role with diverse accounting experience.
- Experience in the healthcare industry strongly preferred
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- No certification required; but CPApreferred