ABB is seeking a Lead Account Manager for its Midwest region. The Lead Account Manager will develop, implement and manage the account(s) strategy focused on growth, profitability and customer (contractor) satisfaction. Coordinate the sales activities and manage resolution of specific customer problems. Work with all applicable ABB divisions to bring the most value for the customer. The candidate can live anywhere in the Midwest.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participates in the development of sales strategies for accounts by providing the customer's current business and long-term plans. Work alongside District Managers and field sales to ensure strategies are aligned and activities are coordinated across the various sales entities.
• Defines and proposes sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow up process. Interest in strategic selling and ability to work with both distributors and contractors
• Leads the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element. Proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls. Desire to bridge the gaps and offer a one ABB portfolio to customers where applicable
• Establishes and develops account relationships based on a defined strategy. Acts as focal point for problem resolution and monitors customer claims. Plans, facilitates and conducts customer negotiations. Coordinates to support the contractor for jobs and projects no matter the location in the US. Enthusiastic and passionate about bringing value to customers and ABB
• Develops, maintains and shares detailed knowledge of the customer's business strategy, purchasing behavior, organization, decision-makers, customer business drivers, economic trends, and competition.
• Sells products/solutions/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Unit.
• Monitors competitors' activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented. Sales and support efforts with local and national electrical contractor training centers as well as continued activity to grow the NECA and IEC national and local chapters. Experience or knowledge of the commercial and industrial construction market in the US and one line offerings for electrical and general contractors
• Creates added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach (e.g. frame agreements). Communicates details in accordance with ABB supply, offering and strategy.
• Coordinates the use of internal or external resources (e.g. technical, advertising, and marketing) in order to provide value added services to accounts.
• Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 8 years of experience as Account Manager
• Experience with customers including sales, problem resolution and relationship building
• Knowledge of industrial and commercial construction
• Demonstrated ability to be customer focused
• Demonstrated alignment to ABB's value pairs
• Ability to travel
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB